The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It states clearly that ANY stock appearing turbo from ANY car can be used on ANY car. So yes, you can use an EVO turbo on a DSM.

This sounds great, as the Evo8-9 with oem turbo is a pretty level playing field with 1GAWD cars on the oem upgrade 16g turbo. Guys have gone 130+ on the Evo3 16g.

I can't see swapping to an Evo8/9 reverse rotation turbo setup on the old style 1g/2g 4G63 being any significant advantage UNLESS that opens up the door to a "stock looking" FP upgrade that is significantly larger than the FP68 "billet 16g" bolton.

That's more than staying in a hotel in parts of Ft.Lauderdale FL area or SouthBeach Miami FL for three days! jeez!WTF I'll have to find out how far Cincinnati is from Norwalk or Wakeman then ,no way am I gonna spend that kinda loot to stay in a hotel in Ohio!!!!
You have two things against you.

1) All of the local Norwalk hotels have a track schedule and know exactly what weekends to shove it hard in your asshole. This is proven by the room rates being $stupid for Friday night, $retarded for Saturday night, and $69.99 for Sunday.

2) Your only other options hotel-wise are all North, closer to Milan and eventually Sandusky. These are generally upscale, family-friendly places which start at around $100 per night if you're lucky enough to get a room because of everyone going to Cedar Point and Kalahari....so why pay just as much to not stay where all the action's at?

The cheap place last year was Motel 6 in Milan, and it's booked....so bring a tent if you're not prepared to spend $100+ per night. Not gonna lie- I've camped at the track in years past. Within Norwalk, the Econo Lodge is cheaper than the All American and Best Western, but I wouldn't stay there if you actually plan on sleeping at some point.

This sounds great, as the Evo8-9 with oem turbo is a pretty level playing field with 1GAWD cars on the oem upgrade 16g turbo. Guys have gone 130+ on the Evo3 16g.

I can't see swapping to an Evo8/9 reverse rotation turbo setup on the old style 1g/2g 4G63 being any significant advantage UNLESS that opens up the door to a "stock looking" FP upgrade that is significantly larger than the FP68 "billet 16g" bolton.

I believe turbos like the FP black are allowed which blows the "bolt on" level playing field all to crap, considering you can make over 800 hp on FP "stock appearing" turbos.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1ID-xTG72Y]EVO Stock Appearing Turbo World Record - 815whp - YouTube[/ame]

I believe turbos like the FP black are allowed which blows the "bolt on" level playing field all to crap, considering you can make over 800 hp on FP "stock appearing" turbos.

EVO Stock Appearing Turbo World Record - 815whp - YouTube

yup, and when you combine that power level with a 2400lb gutted 1G AWD with the Automagic trans, it wouldn't surprise me to see the "stock turbo" winning car running faster than the entire DS Eliminator class and able to qualify for Q16.

Granted, Im not going to build a car specifically to exploit the rules for one single race event, but the potential is obviously there. Billet 16g's were allowed at last years "tin can-stock turbo" class, so I can't see why the FPblack wouldn't.

yup, and when you combine that power level with a 2400lb gutted 1G AWD with the Automagic trans, it wouldn't surprise me to see the "stock turbo" winning car running faster than the entire DS Eliminator class and able to qualify for Q16.

Granted, Im not going to build a car specifically to exploit the rules for one single race event, but the potential is obviously there. Billet 16g's were allowed at last years "tin can-stock turbo" class, so I can't see why the FPblack wouldn't.

Rules seem clear to me but I wrote them. ANY Mitsubishi STOCK APPEARING turbo that came on a 1g, 2g or EVO is legal for the Stock Appearing Turbo DSM class. So yes, FP Red's and Blacks for the EVO can be used on the DSM.

funny thing is i just got my dsm shootout dvd in today LOL. and i rly have to saw this looks like an awsome even. i will really have to make it to this and try out the autocross!

Motel 6 is not booked. i called last week and reserved the 3 rooms i need for my group goin out. You have to tell them its for this event. as of last week they had 10+ single queen bed rooms and 15+ 2 full bed rooms left

anytime! look out for us! we will have jersey plates! mine is a silver 2g gsx

We booked our room at the Best Western, again this year. We hope to see everyone there again! As always, free high-fives to anyone wearing a Redjack Racing t-shirt!

Motel 6 is not booked. i called last week and reserved the 3 rooms i need for my group goin out. You have to tell them its for this event. as of last week they had 10+ single queen bed rooms and 15+ 2 full bed rooms left

I retract my previous statement, Nico is correct. Make sure you tell them you need to talk to group event customer service and tell them its for "Buschur Racing." Thanks Nico

Question, how is an fp red or any of those turbos classify as stock appearing when no dsm or evo came with a 20g sized turbo or one with a 3" inlet. Fp's flow advancement cover should be ban from stock appearing class.

If not the class might as well restrict any size turbo to a bolt on dsm or evo TS hot side and the comp cover or chra shouldn't even matter if theres fp reds and blacks (with 3" inlets and 2.5 outlets)

Thought the purpose of stock appearing was to see people shove crazy witchcraft into a 16g comp cover like the 68hta so it APPEARS stock.

I am gonna try to get to this. I think it would be an awesome event to see.

Question, how is an fp red or any of those turbos classify as stock appearing when no dsm or evo came with a 20g sized turbo or one with a 3" inlet. Fp's flow advancement cover should be ban from stock appearing class.

If not the class might as well restrict any size turbo to a bolt on dsm or evo TS hot side and the comp cover or chra shouldn't even matter if theres fp reds and blacks (with 3" inlets and 2.5 outlets)

Thought the purpose of stock appearing was to see people shove crazy witchcraft into a 16g comp cover like the 68hta so it APPEARS stock.

I'm pretty sure he means

This is not Legal

This is legal

and this is legal

The evo turbos are stock appearing turbos that are legal. The DSM FP turbos don't count to my understanding. Excluding the 68HTA.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back