The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

20th Annual DSM/EVO Shootout!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Thanks so much for the shot of my 2g! :)

Also, just wanted to say this event was so much fun, and thanks to everyone involved in making this event so successful and fun!

Oh man great weekend... and we are totally exhausted.
Awesome to meet so many of the guys (and girls) out there at the event, and of course to see some great racing.
Here are our photos from earlier today. As always, you can check them all out (130+ from today, 400 in total) at Fuel Injector Clinic | Facebook

Here are some of our favorite shots from today...

[/img]

Here are our photos from earlier today. As always, you can check them all out (130+ from today, 400 in total) at Fuel Injector Clinic | Facebook

Had an awesome time! Put so many faces to names, had a great time at the autox, and met a lot of new people. I will be back again next year!

Its good knowing it looked like it was one of the best organized Shootout to date... I hoping to make it next year and race the 2G RWD Eclipse conversion Im currently building and respresent Puerto Rico...

Glad Jeff is alright. Wasn't there another car that caught fire about 2-3 years back? Is there no fire/EMT presence?

Its good knowing it looked like it was one of the best organized Shootout to date... I hoping to make it next year and race the 2G RWD Eclipse conversion Im currently building and respresent Puerto Rico...

I'm holding you to this!!!

had a great time for the second year in a row at there. wish my car wasnt in the middle of rebuild at the time so i could have had it there. already looking foward to next years event. should be able to bring the car then.

Glad Jeff is alright. Wasn't there another car that caught fire about 2-3 years back? Is there no fire/EMT presence?

There was a car (Gray Talon if memory serves me right) that burned all the way down like back in 2000 or so, maybe even longer ago than that. Looks like they were more prepared for Jeff's car for sure.

There was a car (Gray Talon if memory serves me right) that burned all the way down like back in 2000 or so, maybe even longer ago than that. Looks like they were more prepared for Jeff's car for sure.

Showdown motorsports from Toledo burned down at an EVO/STI shootout in the mid 2000s.

I will clear this up a bit since I'm a crew guy for the car...

The car went 8.9@159 on its first pass and during the coasting after Jeff heard a big BOOM and suddenly he had flames in his face. We are near positive it was a loose AN fitting on the mechanical fuel pump that was ignited by the hot exhaust directly below it. How/why it was loose is unknown. The motor is fine, everything is just a little charred and just needs to be cleaned up. It looks a lot worse than it is.

The turbo will go back to FP, the hood, front bumper, and fender will be replaced and everything will be cleaned up really good. Unfortunate that it happened way out here but it happens. The car will be back! Don't worry!

Also glad to hear that he is fine and that the car is savable!! What a bummer, though!

First Shootout, We had a lot of fun, thanks guys see you next year.

The shootout was a blast! I finally got to take a DSM to the event, my DD 90 GSX. My first shootout was in 2008 and I have been hooked ever since. See you guys next year!:hellyeah:

This was my first Shoot Out and i was bery impresive what i saw there. So many fast cars, good people great event . Kick ass event.
Can't wait for next year.

Thanks again for everyone involved to let me race on the Q16 :thumb:
Thanks to English Racing crew , Lucas , Jeff and friends for giving me a big help there.
Joe! stop with those ####ing dry ice bombs at 2am , skating board with the rib stick was ok...LOL

NBF

I still don't think they were prepared for it though, as it took a while. I had a friend down track coming in the entrance right when it happened. He said there was no one around with a fire extinguisher at the end of the track. Anyway I believe this is the one that was a total loss there the one year. (I can't remember exactly when either though) Glad Jeff's didn't get this bad! :applause:

Attachments

• 1000657.jpg
    1000657.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 70

Christi, Jax has a 2g with a 20g set up.. LOL

Was a great weekend for sure.. I was a little disappointed in the amount of by races though.. I think that could have been handled a little better.. Still great day, and congrats to Devin in the Red Demon for pulling out the win in the Q16.

Christi, Jax has a 2g with a 20g set up.. LOL
It's funny because that car was parked directly outside our hotel room for a while when I was cooking wings Saturday night. Too many cars for the blonde one to absorb, I guess. Oh, blondes....

On a positive note- I've yet to meet someone from Wisconsin that I didn't like. I'm sure they do exist, but for the most part you guys from almost-Canada are all badass. :thumb:

Almost canadia..Whatch your mouth.

There is a north and south Wisconsin accent type deal..And north is more almost Michigan, than Canada..ROFL

I myself like accents from Minnisoda..Yes I spelled that right if you have ever spoken to one..LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back