The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

20th Annual DSM/EVO Shootout DVD

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

People like you are the reason people are giving up on dsms.

If you don't like it, go make one yourself and see how amazing you can do, oh yeah, dedicate the whole shootout weekend to getting footage and not just having a blast with your friends.

You also do realize how expensive it is to hire a professional film crew to get all that footage and editing?

Dickheads like you will be the death of dsms and the good community that we have come to make, if you aren't happy, don't buy another one before throwing someone who has taken his own time to film, edit and distribute a dvd that no one else will make.

People like you are the reason people are giving up on dsms.

If you don't like it, go make one yourself and see how amazing you can do, oh yeah, dedicate the whole shootout weekend to getting footage and not just having a blast with your friends.

You also do realize how expensive it is to hire a professional film crew to get all that footage and editing?

Dickheads like you will be the death of dsms and the good community that we have come to make, if you aren't happy, don't buy another one before throwing someone who has taken his own time to film, edit and distribute a dvd that no one else will make.

People like me, LOL, you made me laugh. Its called product review and constructive critism. By the way, Im 100% Mitsubishi till death and Im currently building a RWD 2G 4G63 with NOT a single ebay made in china knockoff parts. High school kids and Ebay parts are the reason why DSM shops and real car guys are giving up on the DSM world. Because DSM newbies and high school kids who think they can wrench their own cars without knowing the science behind an engine and using ebay parts and expect to have 500+ hp and 10sec cars with a budget of 2k. BTW, have you seen a 1320video race event DVDs ??? They sell their DVDs for $20-25 and are light years ahead and better made DVDs than this newbie guy who made the $20 Shootout DVD. Hiring a profesional film crew is definetly expensive, but like I said you don't need a profesional crew to make a better quality DVD, just better editing skills and NOT film the races from the stands but from the track so better shots can be filmed. You might NOT like my words but I speak bluntly saying is a poor made quality DVD and definetly NOT worth $20 is just my product review and my constructive critism to the DVD maker. If the DVD maker guy don't want to hear his customers opinion and reviews and he thinks he has what it takes in filming, he aint going nowhere, cause definetly he has a lot to learn in the filming industry even if it is his hobby. People who dont respond well to critism are hard headed and often dont succeed in life until they understand and learn how to hear others people opinion and critiscm as a way to learn and get better...

Nyce1s DVD short film - Notice the difference in filming races at the lanes, than at the stands. You dont need expensive equipment, or expensive crew to film better quality shots and better editing is the key to it.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol if 99 percent of the community says it's great and 1 stupid ass person says it's "poor quality" or "bad editing" then obviously that one person is just completely full of shit. Because you are WRONG, /J's editing and filming is great. That guy bust's his Ass to do this for us. We, the DSM people finally have something that we can view and look back on years from now, and you just come in here and shit all over that. Well everyone is entitled to their owns opinions but unfortunately nobody gives a shit about yours, so you can GTFO or STFU.

Mike

Congrats because you are making a rwd dsm you think you can talk shit. Calling someones filming and editing skills out on a public forum just makes you look like a tool. You really think someone is going hire a professional film crew to film the dsm shoot out? /j takes his personal time every year to do this for a lot of people that can't physically make it to the shootout. More then likely because of people like you he won't make them anymore and a large part of the dsm community that doesn't have the money to drive or fly out wont be able to experience it in any form.

Lol if 99 percent of the community says it's great and 1 stupid ass person says it's "poor quality" or "bad editing" then obviously that one person is just completely full of shit. Because you are WRONG, /J's editing and filming is great. That guy bust's his Ass to do this for us. We, the DSM people finally have something that we can view and look back on years from now, and you just come in here and shit all over that. Well everyone is entitled to their owns opinions but unfortunately nobody gives a shit about yours, so you can GTFO or STFU.

Mike

99% of ppl dont agree it was a well made DVD, cause he have given a few ppl refunds, and a lot off people have agreed with it been poor made in a post I made in facebook about it... If some ppl are happy with it, good for your guys. Im entitled to my review and my opinion on it being poor quality and not worth the $20. I could care less what ppl think about my opinion, Im still going to give it, and I call my opinion based in how I see it. I dont speak for others and Im not afraid to speak my mind... If jon wants to take my opinion as being full of shit or as a product criticism, its his choice.

Congrats because you are making a rwd dsm you think you can talk shit. Calling someones filming and editing skills out on a public forum just makes you look like a tool. You really think someone is going hire a professional film crew to film the dsm shoot out? /j takes his personal time every year to do this for a lot of people that can't physically make it to the shootout. More then likely because of people like you he won't make them anymore and a large part of the dsm community that doesn't have the money to drive or fly out wont be able to experience it in any form.

Building a RWD DSM doesnt make me talk shit. What made me talk shit was the comment of ppl like me killing the DSM community. It aint cause I critiqued a DVD the DSM community is dying, high school kids now are the great mayority owners of old school DSMs who dont have money to pay for top quality performance parts, who are the ebay made in china parts generation, and who think they going to have a 10sec 500+ hp machine with ebay made in china parts are the ones killing the DSM community. You guys can trash talk me all you want, but I speak bluntly and call it like I see it....

----

SAME SHIT FOR FREE @ YOUTUBE...

The featured video was good quality and editing, but the drag races video wasnt well presented. I don't know what part of the DVD actually Jon and/or his crew filmed, but definetly the feautured video and the drag races video wasnt filmed and edit by the same person. If he did actually filmed and edited the feautered video, he should have done the same type of filming and editing in the drag races video. The effort and quality should have been presented in all its entire DVD videos. The DVD looks like it was done and edited by different people/crew and just copied in a DVD. I bet, the same guy who filmed and edited the featured video wasnt even the same person who made the menu screen. The feautured video looks well made compared to the menu screen and the rest of the DVD videos. Even Buschur's interview is done wrong, when at times part of Buschur's face is not even in the screen. People can call my words trash talk, but its my product review and I'm entitled to it. He can either ignore my words or analize them and use them as constructive critism and a way to grow his film skills.

The featured video was good quality and editing, but the drag races video wasnt well presented. I don't know what part of the DVD actually Jon and/or his crew filmed, but definetly the feautured video and the drag races video wasnt filmed and edit by the same person. If he did actually filmed and edited the feautered video, he should have done the same type of filming and editing in the drag races video. The effort and quality should have been presented in all its entire DVD videos. The DVD looks like it was done and edited by different people/crew and just copied in a DVD. I bet, the same guy who filmed and edited the featured video wasnt even the same person who made the menu screen. The feautured video looks well made compared to the menu screen and the rest of the DVD videos. Even Buschur's interview is done wrong, when at times part of Buschur's face is not even in the screen. People can call my words trash talk, but its my product review and I'm entitled to it. He can either ignore my words or analize them and use them as constructive critism and a way to grow his film skills.

Did you even attend the shootout this year?? Had you even seen any of the races you would know that most of them were bye races.. Bye races dont make quality watching material? There was 5 of us running around with various cameras and GoPro's.. But due to boring races, more than half of Sundays event was cut out.. Also, the guys that made the free video on youtube that you posted all pitched in to J for extra footage.. However, none or very little of theirs was used due to it not being HD. I respect you stepping out and expressing your opinion. But if you think this poorly about the video I encourage you to waste your entire shootout weekend and devote it to filming everything. Even letting someone else drive your car around. Did you know that everyone thinks that black SL-R is Mr Peepers car? True story, because /J is off filming everything he can. Him and his crew, myself included had a camera in our hands the entire weekend.

Did you even attend the shootout this year?? Had you even seen any of the races you would know that most of them were bye races.. Bye races dont make quality watching material? There was 5 of us running around with various cameras and GoPro's.. But due to boring races, more than half of Sundays event was cut out.. Also, the guys that made the free video on youtube that you posted all pitched in to J for extra footage.. However, none or very little of theirs was used due to it not being HD. I respect you stepping out and expressing your opinion. But if you think this poorly about the video I encourage you to waste your entire shootout weekend and devote it to filming everything. Even letting someone else drive your car around. Did you know that everyone thinks that black SL-R is Mr Peepers car? True story, because /J is off filming everything he can. Him and his crew, myself included had a camera in our hands the entire weekend.

Like I said, Im just stating my constructive critisism and my opinion from a customer standpoint. There are a few good quality and edited videos, but there are a few other poor shots and edited videos. I aint trying to pick up a fight, Im just pointing the product review, the quality should be there from start to finish, not just some scenes. Have you guys seen a 1320video or Nyce1s race event DVD ???? I know that filming equipment is expensive, but if one guy has a good quality camera and another guy has a cheap camera, thats going to take away the general quality of a video or film. If a race event like the Shootout is going to be filmed for the purpose of producing it and selling it, it should have been more profesionally made, like 1320Video and Nyce1 DVDs. I dont know if you guys starting in the filming business or just turned a fun weekend filming into a $20 DVD, but if the purpose of filming was to produce a $20 profesional retail DVD, you guys should consider how to better yourself for whatever project you guys plan on filming next. Cause just going to the track and have a group of friends film with different quality cameras and make a retail DVD out of it ain't how its done. If this was the crew 1st real film towards a business, you guys should have put out there the product at youtube or a site to make a review in how the public sees the film and learn from it. Cause as a customer standpoint, it aint straight, for a couple of guys to make a crew and film an event and just retail it without been profesionally made. Don't think of it as Im trying to trash talk you guys, kudos for the Shootout coverage, see it as a customer standpoint. Will you be willing to pay $20 for your own 2012 Shootout DVD ??? 132OVideo and Nyce1s are profesional event production and they charge $20-25 for their DVDs, you cant expect to film an inferior video and expect to retail it at the same level and price of a film production company that has a big crew and pro equipment. I aint saying the Shootout DVD isn't worth it, its just NOT at that level of retailing it at $20.

They sell their DVDs for $20-25 and are light years ahead and better made DVDs than this newbie guy who made the $20 Shootout DVD.
You are 100% entitled to your opinion on the DVD but the "DVD maker" has done tons of quality film for many of DSM'ers for free. I'm sure it can easily be argued that this is no different than any other art form and open to interpretation and tho it may not equal your vision it is the vision realized of the artist(s).

The fact remains that he spends the entire shootout running around like a mad man just so he can get some good footage that no one else is willing to do. This is the first time J has even asked for any money to cover the expense and I for one dont think $20 is too much to ask.

Ive no clue what your little car,ebay and highschool has to do with a DVD so ill just let you guys hash that one out.

You are 100% entitled to your opinion on the DVD but the "DVD maker" has done tons of quality film for many of DSM'ers for free. I'm sure it can easily be argued that this is no different than any other art form and open to interpretation and tho it may not equal your vision it is the vision realized of the artist(s).

The fact remains that he spends the entire shootout running around like a mad man just so he can get some good footage that no one else is willing to do. This is the first time J has even asked for any money to cover the expense and I for one dont think $20 is too much to ask.

Ive no clue what your little car,ebay and highschool has to do with a DVD so ill just let you guys hash that one out.

I can understand J and his crew where running around filming the shootout and capturing tons of footage and my opinion on the quality is based on interpretation. Like I said and say again, I just gave my constructive critisism, I gave my opinion, and if the j and his film crew want to ignore my words or see them as a way to better themselves is up to them. I don't know why people like the ones that attacked my opinion can give theirs on car parts quality, but I get attacked when I gave my DVD product review. My intentions weren't to trash talk the DVD in a negative way, but to give my opinion where I think they can get better. I might be a automotive technician, but I'm very well informed in these type of event coverage as I have very close friends who are in the film and photographs business who cover events like concerts, car shows, race car events, etc. In life if you want to progress and get better you have to be willing to take in constructive criticism, not see it as a negative feed but as a positive feed and a way to get better. I get some ppl are happy paying $20 for the Shootout DVD, and I didnt mind paying $20, still I consider they can get better and if they want to sell a product at a competitive price they definetly have some space for improvement. Its like any advertise product. For example sports and/or race events photographs. You cant expect to sell at the same price a Lebron James photograph taken by a guy watching the game with a camera vs a profesional photographer who is courtside and with a better view, better equipment, and with better shooting techniques. Thats my point. I'm NOT saying the Shootout DVD was all that bad, there are some great footages and some great editing techniques used, but the DVD doesnt mantain consistency all the way from start to finish. If J and his crew think they are where they need to be and don't have space for improvement, its their prerogative. A lot of ppl say it could have been better, or it had its pro and cons, but they don't point out what they did and didnt like. I dont think that gives J and his crew a clear view in how their product was taken, but someone like me who's blunt and say what I didnt like gives them a clear view in what wasnt liked and a way for them to go over their work and check where they can improve.

I said what I said about high school kids and ebay parts is my opinion in whats killing the DSM community, not me giving a product review like a memeber said to me when I gave my DVD review. Me giving a product review aint whats killing the DSM community, when in fact Im building a 2G RWD race car and a lot of profesional DSM parts builders are getting involved in my project making custom expensive parts. I don't think I'm the one killing the DSM game... I gave a product review and then Im attacked for been the reason the DSM community is dying. People can trash talk me all they want, I just gave my blunt review.

What are you trying to prove? We get it you have money to spend on nice parts. Your making a rwd 2g race car, you were not happy with the 20$ dvd and something about how high school kids are killing dsm's. We got your opinion. No need to keep coming back and repeating yourself.

I did enjoy watching mine, however in the drag racing part. Is there the same race multiple times at the beginning? Not complaining at all just something I noticed. In addition, it would be nice to see some of the slower cars also. I know they do not run 8's but I can appreciate them the same. I liked it and will be watching it repeatedly to share with my friends on what they are missing out on. This will be my 5th shootout next year.

I have no complaints about the DVD. I would have paid way more than $20 just to have the ability to re-live that awesome weekend over and over. I wouldn't care if one person walked around with a hand-held camcorder and the entire film was Paranormal Activity style, it still makes me excited to go next year :)

This is a niche community. Comparing it to the NYCE1 vids is already scope creep. Full stop.

I rate the criticism 4/10. A couple of points are OK, but this is a multi-person, multi-source COMPILATION for a dwindling market.

Best of luck on getting a running DSM together.

Just saw this thread and all I can say is WOW!:toobad: I personally love the DVD!:hellyeah: Like most others have already said, it's a great way to relive the Shootout over and over for years to come and there has been nobody in past years to ever make a video like this of the Shootout. There is lots of time and effort in this video and I commend J for putting it out there for us all.:thumb: He has done so much for free already that I feel he deserves to get some $ this time around.;) I can't believe that someone who is building a serious drag car with thousands of dollars wrapped up in it would even think about complaining about a $20 video, but hey, what do I know???:confused:WTF Just think about what $20 gets you nowadays.... NOT MUCH:aha:

Anyways.... Love the video... Thanks J!!

and...

My car made it in the featured video @ 9:12, so :p LOL

Theres a huge diference and gab between a complain, product review, and constructive critism. Like I started saying in my first porst, I was just giving my product review and constructive critisism in what I think they can improve themselves as featured film makers. I wasnt complaining at all, my words where taken out of context and I was attacked.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back