The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

2020 Tire Rack Grenada ProSolo

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have you thought about what class you want to run in? You have been doing a lot of mods and some of them may push you into a class you don't want to be in.

Have you thought about what class you want to run in? You have been doing a lot of mods and some of them may push you into a class you don't want to be in.
It is not about what class I want to be in, it is about what class I have to be in. Half of my mods cant be undone LOL. I would definitely like to be placed in the lowest class possible since I have cheap tires and stock ecu. But when it comes down to it I will be placed in a high class because of the mods.

That's why you have to be careful about what you change. You need to find a class that the car can be competitive in and build to that. Unfortunately I'm in the same boat, smf is a tough class when guys show up on Hoosiers and I'm on street tires. Try to stay out of classes that allow Hoosiers unless you plan on buying a set.

If you haven't been to any local events, you have good regions in Alabama, I highly suggest it before going to a National level event. It can get hectic because of the scale.
There are a couple events that take place before that one. I think I should do those first just to get a feel for my car and get some practice. Then I would be better prepared.

I've been reading a lot on you. big props on not letting anyone get you down for racing the 420a. My only concern is your motivation once you finally complete a event and get crushed by the guys that have a lot of seat time and money strategically placed in there cars. I'm not sure what kind of personality you have when it comes to being "beat" but I can tell you when I placed 3rd overall (pax) out of 34 cars in my first event I felt amazing. But I was using someone elses car, then my next 2 events I took my daily 300c on touring tires and got smoked(by almost everyone) . . . .it definitely took me some time of licking my wounds, and in that time I figured out that I am the type of person that will be ok with finishing behind someone because they are a better driver, but I'm not ok with finishing behind someone because of silly stuff I did to my car that puts me way out of a competitive level. From my experience from one novice to another, crack open the rule book, figure out what class your car is in because of mods you and its former owners made, and then make every new part you put on the car from now on maximize your ability to drive the car well in that class. Also of course have fun! in my case its hard to have fun when I have BRZs mopping the floor with me haha.
I'll eventually be in Alabama for an event, I hope to see you on the track!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back