The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

2015 Ford Edge Sport AWD

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Recently got this heavy SOB tuned. I'm actually really happy with its performance considering it still gets 26mpg on the highway fully loaded and towing a tow dolly. The tuner comes with custom gas mileage and towing tunes too so I'm super happy. 0-60 in 4.8 seconds isn't exactly world-beating but it's enough to surprise a lot of other vehicles on the road. Also, ignore the slope % and all that. I have it mounted weird so it always throws the reading off.

dragy 0to60.jpg

And that's honestly probably the only update this "build" is ever gonna get. Lol. No one cares about your Ford on this DSM forum, go home!

Back from the dead post to update this with a 1/4mi dragy run on 93.
CA842211-5A6C-4185-9229-F0BBC865CB7E.jpeg

tigerpaw 245’s on all four corners aired down to 20psi and even on 93 it can’t get traction to save its life. On e30 it’s an awd burnout machine. 13.2’s on a very old unrevised tune and nothing else is awesome for this traction-challenged 4400lb family CUV.

also just for giggles this is a 0-60 run on 87 octane. Way less traction issues. Fun as hell though.
D1D32C0F-DF2D-486E-8290-F3F5AFBE8667.png

Hope all is well with everyone.

God being at or below sea level is incredible. I put some 101oct on this thing and even on the 93 tune it just RIPS man. Honestly quicker than the e30 tune was. Dragy gives me crap about “low satellites” so no dragy numbers or anything, probably just gonna go to the track soon and get some hard numbers. But it ran 13.2-13.1 on the 93 tune, on 93 only, at 700-900 elevation and DA of over 3,000(this was at rockingham dragway in NC, not dragy). So much stronger than that run by a lot. Honestly tempted to see if I can take the tune only/full weight edge record(12.6 I believe). I feel like it’s 100% got it in it. Especially because I have a 105 octane tune to fall back on. :D

Useless update I know. But I freakin love this thing. This engine in a lighter chassis or in a RWD biased AWD system would be ridiculous.

Last edited:
Walked a 2016+ STI tonight. Freakin hilarious, man. I thought they’d be faster. He was super PO’ed that a grandma SUV made by Ford walked him.

All of this on a sanctioned track event and totally not on the street on my way home from work. That would be irresponsible.

Front brakes needed changing(160+ MPH braking warps the stock 13.5” rotors. Just a random factoid ;) ) so I upgraded to the powerstop Z32 kit. I’m waiting on the rears too but I went ahead and threw on the fronts because they needed it bad.

Just finished bedding them in and honestly I think it looks great. It definitely needs the calipers painted red asap though.

51FFD418-977D-47B2-9960-9B78E0D1BBE4.jpeg

F302233E-C100-4711-9880-9D055C4F1388.jpeg

E5102624-FF64-4614-8F91-2A58F90D02DB.jpeg

Careful those tires are only rated to 149. :p

Exactly. It’s why I’ve never done it. I’ve only ever driven exactly the speed limit and never a single mph over.

In video games however..:p

Also: blast from the past stranger! Good to see you around still! I bought my first ever set of upgraded cams from you way back in the day off the ‘Link forums. HKS 272s.

Washed it today. I freakin' love this paint, man.

Also: 303 Aerospace Graphene Nano Spray Coating works amazing. Works for like 6 months, out in the florida sun and rain before it needs to be reapplied.

On God I f**king love working on this vehicle. Ford did legit everything they could to make this car easy to work on. The Edge uses the same style of rear ebrake as the 1G DSMs do(threaded piston) and not drums on the inside of the disk. I was dreading this, but ford is so amazing they thought of something.

1) you put the rear ebrake system into maintenance mode before doing any kind of work.

2) what this does is thread the ebrake rod all the way closed so the piston? Can be literally pushed in by HAND to compress the brake piston fully. Legit by hand. I heart this god d*mned heavy grandma suv beast.

I did all this in like 30 mins - 45 mins total elapsed time including eating in the middle of it, and jacking/lowering the vehicle. Seriously.

But yeah. I think it was definitely time for rear brakes. Lol.

F012EAC0-AD7E-4F18-9E12-AA116F2F8723.jpeg

92FF100E-133A-43CC-BD96-4ACBD813B8AE.jpeg

35AD92E8-E8BB-4433-A184-24201491E0F2.jpeg

The passenger side rear(pictured) had like no grease left on the slide pins so it got stuck in that position. That’s why it’s unevenly worn.

Aaaand all done! God it looks good.

2D007D2E-1F2E-425E-94A0-4B5F3BF57508.jpeg

38EE7851-9CC2-4615-A294-25D06231C478.jpeg

I didn’t paint the calipers because the paint takes like a day to dry and 7 days to fully cure and I need to bed the rear brakes in asap(plus it’s back on 93 octane tune so I wanna do some 12.9’s on these tigerpaw baldies. Lol). But yeah. If I could adapt these brakes to a dsm I swear I would. It wouldn’t be hard. Just find a rheostat that will work with the motors on the ebrake portion of the caliper and the OEM ebrake would work as normal but with no cable. And they’re like 11” rotors or something massive.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back