The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2011 Oklahoma Weather

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calan

DSM Wiseman
Jan 16, 2007
OKC, Oklahoma
2011 was a crazy year (even by our standards).

Oklahoma City was 76* on 1/29/11, which tied the record for warmest day on that date. Two days later, a blizzard hit which dumped 12-15 inches of snow in many areas, and 27 inches of snow fell in a 24-hour period in Spavinaw.

The coldest Oklahoma temperature was -31°F at Nowata on 2/10/11. Seven days later, Nowata reached 79* for a 1-week swing of 110*.

101 days of 100* or hotter - Grandfield

86.9°F statewide average summer temperature, which annihilated the record for warmest summer on record. The average temperature during the month of July for Oklahoma was the hottest ever for any month, both for the state and nationally. Oklahoma City was over 100* for 27 out of 31 days, with the other days being 98, 99, 99, and 96*.

Oklahoma City experienced a temperature swing of 115 degrees from the 2011 lowest to highest temperature. (-5* to 110*)

Flooding rainfall in isolated areas in October, with 5-6 inches of rain falling within just a few hours. Most of the state remained in the "exceptional" drought category well into December however. (The western half of the state is still in "severe" to "extreme" drought).

Highest anemometer-measured wind gust, 115mph - El Reno 5/24/11

Record-setting 6.0 inch hailstone - Gotebo 5/23/11

118 tornadoes, including 1 in February and 10 in November...one of which was an EF4. A major severe outbreak of 22 tornadoes occurred on May 24th, including 3 long-track tornadoes in central Oklahoma rated EF4 and EF5.

2011 Significant Weather Events Summary

I'm REALLY hoping that 2012 is just a bit more "normal". :)

You're bored, huh? ROFL

Earthquakes aren't weather related, but we also had the largest recorded quakes in the state in early November, occurring around the same time as the tornadoes.

It definitely was a wild year... and yet, this winter has been relatively mild thus far.

Its been really weird here this year... no snow at all yet in Buffalo, NY (I'm not complaining). I feel like at some point we are going to get hit real hard since the great lakes will not freeze this year.

Glad I didn't buy a new snowmobile like I wanted too.

I guess 2011's record setting heat wasn't impressive enough. 112* officially in OKC today, beating the old daily record by 4*.

My house out here in the burbs ... 116.5* as measured by the digital thermometer on the shaded porch (it's 115.3* right now, and it's still 110* officially at the airport 20 miles away at 6:30pm).

HOLY HELL IT'S FREAKING HOT.

LOL How do you think I feel in dfw.

My boss got a call from his wife today who was reading 120.4 at their home, in the shade, near Earlsboro.

I can handle the heat. I'm just glad I don't have to work outside in the sun.

Yeah Calan it has been over 105 for the past week here. I am reading the shop thermo right now and it says 115. I think my cell phone is going to melt it is so hot. Hell when i get home from work I jump in the shower and the hot water feels cold to me LOL. I work outside 14 hours a day so yeah it is hot.

What do you want me to tell you? Here it rarely goes above 90*, we have fairly moderate winters (seem to alternate super-cold to very mild every 5-10 years), never get a ton of snowfall except on really rare occasions (unless you live in Erie), and we've had two major tornadoes in the past 35 years. Two. Oklahoma gets two at the same time in the same town from the same storm system. LOL

Downside- our cars rust to shit from the salt-treated winter roads and generally damp atmosphere.

I find this kind of info interesting too. We have been having a crazy warm 2012 in Fargo, ND. We smashed the record high on Jan 3rd of 55*. Which is crazy warm for Fargo in Jan. We had the warmest winter on record, one of the driest winters on record, although not the driest. The warmest spring on record and summer has beer very hot and dry. I just moved to SD, and it is just as dry and a bit hotter here.

My argument is that the planet is changing regardless of global warming. I mean I'm sure global warming is a contributing factor, but I don't think it's happening as quickly as some think it is. Actually if you check the majority of the super-high and super-low temperature records in my area they were mainly set 120 years ago. Nobody knew what global warming was back then- they just knew it was either f*cking hot or f*cking cold. LOL

Oh and the forecast high for my area this coming Monday is 79 with a low of 55. Take that, Tornado Alley! ROFL

I don't believe anyone in this state will complain about 84 degree weather right now.

:cool:

Loved the weather at 8am this morning going into work. Windows were down and my car was happy.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back