The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2011 Lexus LFA!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A lil to pricey for me it being a Toyota, I just hold my breathe until Honda produces the HSV-010 for the public..

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

In my opinion, Toyota missed the mark when aiming for the supercar market with this design. Maybe the performance is there, but supercars are more about the total package, not just the performance. And I don't know that the LFA has the styling to match the performance on this one. If you had $375k, would you buy an LFA or a hand-built Ferrari? or maybe a Lambo? Hell, I'd much rather have the new Hennessey Venom GT that's coming out, or the new Saleen S5S Raptor and have cash left over for a couple other less expensive supercars (or a house).

If nothing else, hopefully the development will trickle down and lend itself to a GTR competitor.

They are interesting, i like that the rev gauge has to be electronic to be able to keep up, but performance wise its extremely overpriced. As Jeremy Clarkson said "is it 3x faster than a GTR? Then why is it 3x more expensive than a GTR?"

Well, lets check the facts people. Im not in any way shape or form a lexus/toyota promoter. HOWEVER, this car has some balls. Firstly, V10. Arguably the best sounding v10 or engine for that matter. Sounds just like a F1 car. And has the power to back up the car. Next, carbon fiber though out to keep the weight down. Only weighs in at 3300 pounds. Nearly the weight of an eclipse. Acoustics design by yamaha acoustics so the sound resinates through the cabin and the sound is clear. Next, which i think is the coolest, the dash display. Very futuristic, modern, and high tech. Able to change colors, whats being displayed and so on and so forth. Lastly, the styling is something to die for. Big brakes, big rims, sleek lines, center exit exhaust, etc.

That being said, the car i dont think is worth all of its 375k. However, the car is badass. Anyone to say otherwise is kidding themselves. If is was around the quarter million mark, this car would be more popular and more would be bought. Also, why is lexus commercializing the car? Its not like they are going to get someone to buy this car from those commercials. Who has that kind of money laying around.

I just don't see it being comparable to the other super cars in that price range in terms of styling and overall impressions. You can have all the technology in the world in the car, and it won't give you the same feeling as driving a hand-built Ferrari - with all the racing heritage that comes along with it. And that's what this car is competing against at that level - a legacy, not just a car.

I'd be surprised to see anyone choose the LFA over most other similar priced super cars, like a 458 Italia, a sub-3k lbs Gallardo Superleggera LP570-4, or the new 918 Spyder - all of which are have similar performance and more style.

For that price and all the hoopla associated with it, I'd much rather pick up an E60 BMW M5. That engine sounds absolutely amazing and puts out the power I'm looking for.

Personally, I wouldn't waste $375k on a car when I can put $20k on a 4g63 and put up just as much power and performance, even make my car as nice as that one. And still have money left over to buy a nice house. And if I had to spend that much money on a car it wouldn't be a toyota. Maybe a Ferrari or a super nice BMW M5 or M6 Dinan. Or maybe a ZR1.
The LFA is really expensive for the performance and styling . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5R-oi91bd4&feature=fvw

Old news. Anyways I would buy this car. Everyone that has the money and buys these type of cars have a lambo, ferrari, porcshe. I would drive this to be different. No one would know what it is.

This is actually my favorite supercar and I would buy the hell out of it. This is where I first saw it. Ive seen every top gear.

YouTube - Top Gear Lexus LFA HD - BBC.

You do realize the LFA is a $500,000 lease right..... You cannot buy it.

I just don't see it being comparable to the other super cars in that price range in terms of styling and overall impressions. You can have all the technology in the world in the car, and it won't give you the same feeling as driving a hand-built Ferrari - with all the racing heritage that comes along with it. And that's what this car is competing against at that level - a legacy, not just a car.

I'd be surprised to see anyone choose the LFA over most other similar priced super cars, like a 458 Italia, a sub-3k lbs Gallardo Superleggera LP570-4, or the new 918 Spyder - all of which are have similar performance and more style.

Yes it will take some time to mention Ferrari, Lamborghini, Lexus, Bugatti all in the same breath. Toyota pretty much have zero heritage (racing or history) when compared to the other supercars to make this price justifiable. Its a great car, I just think they went the wrong direction with it. No other new supercar will matter once the mp4-12c comes out:D

458 Italia...

11.0@132

$150K less for a much faster Ferrari, which probably handles just as well, looks better IMO, and doesn't come with a geeky digital cluster which would drive me nuts.

The LFA...LOL

458 Italia...

11.0@132

$150K less for a much faster Ferrari, which probably handles just as well, looks better IMO, and doesn't come with a geeky digital cluster which would drive me nuts.

The LFA...LOL

Well the 458 does have a digital cluster to the left of the rev gauge for chassis information. Too bad they don't plan on making a scuderia so it can really put a whooping on the LFA.

you guys are funny. if you were to ask anyone who has anything to do with the LFA im sure they would tell you it was not built to be sold and make money. they dont care that its outrageously priced or about how many they sell. the research and development is where the value to them is and it doesnt hurt either when you can advertise your brand with a supercar. theres way more to it for them, a market competitive supercar is clearly not the goal.

you guys are funny. if you were to ask anyone who has anything to do with the LFA im sure they would tell you it was not built to be sold and make money. they dont care that its outrageously priced or about how many they sell. the research and development is where the value to them is and it doesnt hurt either when you can advertise your brand with a supercar. theres way more to it for them, a market competitive supercar is clearly not the goal.

Yes but if they spend all that time and money on something that isnt any faster or a better all round car than its competitors then it can make them look bad also. Im sure what the GTR has done for Nissan will be far more effective than what the LFA will do for Toyota. But I do give them props for the engine (only as long as it trickles down to other cars).

The LFA was supposed to be like the Veyron, an exercise in pushing the limits of engineering and technology.

If "technology" does not come close to yielding the performance gains necessary to justify the added costs, is it really progress? If it's not progress, can we actually call it technology?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back