The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2011 Lexus ISF Seized and Crushed...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurboATM

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 17, 2006
Jacksonville, North_Carolina
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OFEtciCveUw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ouch...

now im not trying or wanting to start a "its wrong/right to crush cars seized from street racing" thread, but i really would like to know how CA is getting away with this...what happens to to dude who still has 80% of the $65,000 payment left on this???

I think it's county law or something like that. It's way to crazy down there back then and lives lost for stupid reasons. I'm not sure most people notice but it's majority of imports that get crush, just a heads up. One way to avoid it... keep it at the track.
I am totally against this but still, keep it at the track. i drive 80 minutes to the closest 1/4 mile track and I don't mind.
In my county racing will be automatic night in jail, car impounded for 30 days, plus a $1000 fine!

i know it happens alot, from crappy hondas to built Supras.

if its still bank/dealer owned, the car will go back to them but if its fully paid for and owner has the title to the car then its up to the government on what to do with it.

that's sucks tho. Owner must have been a baller LOL

oh, that makes sense.

I still dont agree with it going THIS far...Something like impounding it for XX-months would be a good strike one, XX-years strike 2, and save this for strike 3.

I have read both that the ones crushed are repeat offenders, and 1st time street racers. I guess i will never understand CA automotive laws, and can only just avoid the state, LOL

..what happens to to dude who still has 80% of the $65,000 payment left on this???
There's no way a bank-owned vehicle would ever get crushed like this. I'd imagine the only cars that are getting smashed are the ones bought and paid in full by spoiled rich kids' parents, and it won't make any difference to them anyway because they'll be back at the Lexus dealership tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Such a waste. You know $65,000 makes for wonderful donations, deficit reductions, makes brilliant playgrounds... etc etc

Someone should let those guys know. How, exactly does an elected official believe that this is what the people are calling for.

!! rabble rabble! We need to waste more!! rabble rabble!!

I thought they crushed for stolen parts and what not, not racing. If these cars were auctioned instead of crushed, maybe our state wouldnt be in the hole for how many dollars.
-Shane

That isnt a street racing car, It was a Screw up at the factory so the dealership paid the scrap yard to crush it... They take the rims and exhaust... Leaving the motor to crush. I hate it when people copy and repost videos on youtube and re-name it some Bullshit to get views.

Its not an isf any ways it doesnt have brembo's.. Surprised no one noticed that to.

The F is just there because of the F-sport package......tons of those phonies running along Socal area LOL.
-Shane

While the video may have nothing to do with illegal street racing, in Ontario California they do seize cars from street races and crush them. I believe the court orders you to be on site to watch your car get crushed too. They started this shortly after F&F came out. It just goes to show you that local, state, and federal governments have WAY too much power. Because you must be protected from yourself. Others must be protected from you as well. We are here to protect you.

Now go home and watch TV. It is safer there.

The value of a human life is worth a lot more than the depreciating price of any car. Some people in this thread have their priorities mixed up. If that car was street racing and it killed someone close to you, I'm sure you would be singing a different song.

The value of a human life is worth a lot more than the depreciating price of any car. Some people in this thread have their priorities mixed up. If that car was street racing and it killed someone close to you, I'm sure you would be singing a different song.

...and that person would have alot bigger issues than his car crushed...mainly id guess, life in prison?

like i said in post 1, this isnt meant to turn into "street racing 100% of the time takes lifes, any way shape or form of street racing needs punishment by death blah blah" or "street racing is harmless its badass no issues go for it rabble rabble"

I still dont agree with it going THIS far...Something like impounding it for XX-months would be a good strike one, XX-years strike 2, and save this for strike 3.

Then that is still allowing more racing to happen.

I thought they crushed for stolen parts and what not, not racing. If these cars were auctioned instead of crushed, maybe our state wouldnt be in the hole for how many dollars.
-Shane

See above. They want to Stop street racing and someone that bits the car or parts is likely to street race as well.

Exactly. It only takes 1 race, 1accident to kill someone. There is way too much to risk by ignoring traffic laws and being ignorant towards others lives.

Street racing is illegal, but the punishment is retarded. Its just a bunch of politician's flexing their peen. Now, make it a felony. Put the people in jail for 3-5 on first offense. Done.

This is a direct definition of cruel and unusual punishment.

If you try and shoot someone, they don't melt your gun down, the put your ass in jail.

I thought all these nice brand new cars in the crusher were just factory test mules that did not have VIN numbers and this was the way the company disposes of them.

I thought all these nice brand new cars in the crusher were just factory test mules that did not have VIN numbers and this was the way the company disposes of them.

Some may be, I have seen the actually ones and generation the owner is there to watch the car get. crushed

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back