The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2007 1G Car Prep

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is the benefit of this other than having to lean across the passenger seat to roll down the passenger window on hot days? The swap would probably save you half a pound of weight at most.

Yeah but it saves it up high so the gains are bigger ;)

Anything new with that center console?

Chris -

If I'm understanding your gauges, you have a red mark at the max you ought to see. If so, then have you thought about rotating the gauges so the max is always straight up? This is often done to make checking them easier when you can't spare more than a moment to look.

- Jtoby

Chris -

If I'm understanding your gauges, you have a red mark at the max you ought to see. If so, then have you thought about rotating the gauges so the max is always straight up? This is often done to make checking them easier when you can't spare more than a moment to look.

- Jtoby
Good suggestion. Next time I pull the gauge panel I'll see about doing that.

I know you probably just want to be done with the work you've already set out for yourself, but have you thought about doing some duct work in the front of the car. Specifically boxing the rad and intercooler and any air into the front fascia to be forced to either cool something (brakes, rad, intercooler, oil cooler, ps cooler) or go to the intake?

I'm working on that kind of thing with my own car. Problem for me is material. Right now i'm using ABS plastic for around the radiator, but I'm not sure how that will handle heat and vibration.

I know you probably just want to be done with the work you've already set out for yourself, but have you thought about doing some duct work in the front of the car. Specifically boxing the rad and intercooler and any air into the front fascia to be forced to either cool something (brakes, rad, intercooler, oil cooler, ps cooler) or go to the intake?

I'm working on that kind of thing with my own car. Problem for me is material. Right now i'm using ABS plastic for around the radiator, but I'm not sure how that will handle heat and vibration.
That'll be next season once I decide if I'm going to stick with the stock front bumper or go aftermarket. Then I'll start working on more ducting.

Some photos of the custom center console... all I used was some aluminum from home depot, some abs sheet plastic I bought online and some rivets. I'll cover the sides with carpet to hide the shifter assembly and the ECU. Notice the brackets I made to mount the ECU. I made this center console so that it's lightweight, easy to take on and off and still be able to cover the shifter cables and the big ugly shifter assembly.

Attachments

• DSCF0058.JPG
    DSCF0058.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 393
  • DSCF0059.JPG
    DSCF0059.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 395
  • DSCF0061.JPG
    DSCF0061.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 379
Some pics of the camber plates installed... the little brass bushings that go over the shaft can be tricky (first pic). When you install them make sure to be careful. I ruined a couple trying to get them on. I found that tapping it lightly with a rubber mallet using a 13mm deep socket worked the best. It has to go on completely straight.

Attachments

• DSCF0052.JPG
    DSCF0052.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 593
  • DSCF0062.JPG
    DSCF0062.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 772

Looking at your console, it looks like you'd have a good place to mount a fire extinguisher in front of the shifter. Have you looked into placing one inside the car?

Edit: Looks like they have good prices on fiberglass materials too so double thanks! I should get started on those fenders in a few weeks (I graduate on the 28th.)

I got to view Chris's silver TDR's in person, and all I can say is, wow. Photo's do not show what a cool looking color they are.

A buddy of mine found some old photos of my 1g that were taken at an autocross back in 2005. This was at Golden Gate Fields in the Bay Area (NorCal) I believe. And yup, that was the journal bearing SCM6152 I had recently installed, which was a TERRIBLE choice for autocross - or probably just a terrible choice in general. Very laggy, small turbine housing so it was inefficient, and was one of the worst options available for autocross and road courses, which is what I ended up doing the most with the car over the years. Was fun to launch and I ended up putting down some good power, but that was about it. The skinny wheels and tires weren't helping the cause either, but hey, that was early on before the wider Team Dynamics were put on later.

7lwLuaZGTUu9oxgwl28bKQ.jpg
8iI7Yod-Tdqr_j1llg2dYA.jpg
aMfjyhi8QDKlz_pIe5b7ig.jpg
hiUD9i91SJSnWcbnC56KWQ.jpg
PSKAqYZtR22Ch1qqB71ClQ.jpg
TsMndvd2Ro6wL3T5nY-FIQ.jpg
wbcKCybiSxa6IjYrYzqWAA.jpg
WjxTpQDORUSXza2ZYs-lRg.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back