1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Archived 2006 GSX-R600 One Owner, 2,100 Original Miles

Posted by GST with PSI, Oct 29, 2015

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
  1. GST with PSI

GST with PSI DSM Wiseman

Joined Jul 27, 2005
    San Diego, California
    I bought this bike new off the showroom floor in 2006 when I was a young punk ass kid with no sense. Since then, I've barely ridden the bike at all (hence the mileage), but always refused to get rid of it because I bought it new. I rode this 2 times last season, and I've finally decided it's time for this to go to somebody who can actually enjoy it. I'd also like to free up some cash flow to dump into other projects I still have an interest in.

Bad:
    The bike has only ever been down one time. I dropped it on the right side at about 20mph during an emergency stop where I locked the back tire and slid it on its side off pavement into a grass median. The damage was all cosmetic, most of which I've repaired. As a result, the right side faring was replaced and is all black. There is still some scratches on the clutch cover and exhaust shield. I have the new parts to replace them, I'm just haven't done the work (the replacment parts will be included with the sale). The only other thing wrong with the bike is a small crack in the front stay bracket where the mirror mounts. The bracket is made of some kind of crappy pot metal, and broke when I torqued one of the new mirrors down. The bracket still holds firm, so I never felt the need to replace it. These are the ONLY issues with the bike. I'd rate the paint a 7 out of 10. If I kept the bike, I'd paint it.

Good:
    I've owned this bike since it was brand new with 2 miles on the clock. The first couple services were done by the Suzuki dealer as recommended by the dealer for warranty purposes (you'll get the receipts). Since then, it has been maintained religiously by me. This bike runs and rides like new. Everything on the bike works, and it needs absolutely nothing. The bike is fast as f***, plenty fast enough for any grown man to kill themselves on twice over. It's stock for the most part, with a few exceptions:

Mods:
    Fairly new Bridgestone Battlax BT-023 Sport Touring tires
    RK 520 chain conversion with Vortex sprockets (1 tooth up in the rear and 1 tooth down in the front)
    K&N air filter
    GSXR weighted bar ends
    Brand new AGM battery
    Rear fender eliminator
    Aftermarket mirrors

Extras:
    Straight pipe racetrack exhaust
    Brand new set of Bridgestone Battlax BT-016 Pro Hypersport/Track tires
    Lowering links and chopped kickstand
    905 Racing/stunt crash cage
    Spare clutch cover
    Spare exhaust shield
    Rear passenger seat
    Rear seat cowl
    Factory fender hugger
    Misc extra body panels
    A set of front sprockets
    Original complete factory tool kit
    Original owners manual
    Original purchase sticker and other associated paperwork.

I'd like $4,000 for everything. Everything goes, and I'm firm on my asking price. Clean California title in my name ready to be signed over to to the new owner. Test rides welcomed only after I see your class M endorsement and I have cash in hand. Thanks for looking.

DSC01216.JPG
    DSC01220.JPG
    DSC01215.JPG
    DSC01217.JPG
    DSC01232.JPG
    DSC01228.JPG
    DSC01219.JPG
    DSC01230.JPG
    DSC01221.JPG
    DSC01222.JPG
    DSC01223.JPG
    DSC01225.JPG
    DSC01227.JPG
    DSC01231.JPG
    DSC01234.JPG
    DSC01235.JPG

Street Build 24K  17  143

1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
    12.030 @ 119.39 · Galant VR-4

498  17

1982 Yamaha Virago
    rwd · manual · Misc Vehicles

Street Build 5K  74

1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
    awd · manual · Galant VR-4
  2. GST with PSI

GST with PSI DSM Wiseman

Joined Jul 27, 2005
    San Diego, California
    DSC01236.JPG
    DSC01237.JPG
    DSC01238.JPG
    DSC01239.JPG
    DSC01240.JPG
    DSC01241.JPG
    DSC01242.JPG
    DSC01244.JPG
    DSC01245.JPG
    DSC01246.JPG

And a few pics of me on the Bike in its heyday (straight pipe racetrack exhaust pictured)
    DSC_0312.JPG
    DSC_0847.JPG
    DSC_0996.JPG

Street Build 24K  17  143

1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
    12.030 @ 119.39 · Galant VR-4

498  17

1982 Yamaha Virago
    rwd · manual · Misc Vehicles

Street Build 5K  74

1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
    awd · manual · Galant VR-4