The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremoose

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 28, 2004
Edmonton, Alberta_Canada
Thoughts, opinions?? Anybody ever drove this car, or does anybody know the modding potential?? Just any general knowledge would be cool, thanks.

P.S. The car's not for me.
P.S.S. My friend can't get an EVO, so don't suggest it, LOL.

Good car witha good warranty and a little sport flavor but or the same price he should also look at the SRT4s, Spec Vs and if he can stretch his money a little a WRX. I haven't seen much modding potential but it may just be overshadowed by the EVOs potential.

Look into something else. Mitsubishi's waranty/service department sucks and treats owners like trash.

Take your money to the Toyota camp or Nissan. They are wayyy better than Mitsu. Tell this to your friend and he will thank you for sparing him all the headaches.

i test drove one just for the hell of it after i test drove an EVO and i was really impressed. i was almost more impressed with the ralliart lancer than the evo, the evo was faster of course, but i expected more from it. i thought the lancer was gonna be a toadstool but it ran really well, it would make a great daily driver and good for smokin hondas, but that sit.

c5chris said:
Look into something else. Mitsubishi's waranty/service department sucks and treats owners like trash.

Take your money to the Toyota camp or Nissan. They are wayyy better than Mitsu. Tell this to your friend and he will thank you for sparing him all the headaches.

In Canada Mitsu has like a 10 year warrenty.

Solid car. Great Warranty, free maintenance. Has better reliability record then the Nissan Spec-V. Just tell him to invest in a good set of high performance raidals right off the top, because every review I've read complains about the compromised rubber.

GPTourer said:
Solid car. Great Warranty, free maintenance. Has better reliability record then the Nissan Spec-V. Just tell him to invest in a good set of high performance raidals right off the top, because every review I've read complains about the compromised rubber.

Yep the Goodyear Eagle RS-A's suck bigtime. My wife has a 2005 and she really likes it. The engine has excellent torque and the car is fairly quick. The tranny is the same 5-speed from the EVO VIII so it shifts much much better than the POS 6-speed in the SpecV. SpecV's are made in Mexico and many people in Calgary have had alot of problems with theirs.

Alright, thanks for all the replies guys. We're going to test-drive one tomorrow, I'll let you know what happens. :thumb:

There tourqey as hell, and spank the shit out of a Integra Type R so id say there pretty good, and same here i drove the ralli art and love it, and the evo dint impress me at all! :dsm:

If your reffering to the Ralli-Art being tourquey and the EVO being unimpressive where do you get your drugs?

I hope you're not saying that the lancer ralliart beats a type r? Somebody stop me if ive woken up in dream land but if not WHAT DRUSG DO U HAVE??

Zoom

Yes I have the video would you like to see it, i bet you would shut up then, 4 races back to back, the ralli-art spanks the teg, and once was a tie. and drugs nope no drugs.
btw it was a real type r, 5 lug, lsd yada yada yada, the car ran mint to and the driver werent and issue.

And yes i was truelly not impressed with the evo, to what i was expecting i was much more impressed with the sti, and i wasnt comparing the ralli-art to the evo, that wouldent be fair!

for a N/a 4cyl the ralli-art truelly impressed me, you can burnout taking off in second its a tourqe lil bi***

I would like to see this. Ive beaten a few Ralliarts with my Tiburon so Im having trouble believing this.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back