The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

2001 engine swap into a 97??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matgee

Probationary Member
Jun 27, 2006
Binghamton, New_York
2001 engine swap into a 97?? can it be done? i think im goin to purchase the engine/tranny anyways to try it..but has anyone done it??? i need to know asap:rocks: :rocks: :rocks: :rocks:

matgee said:
2001 engine swap into a 97?? can it be done? i think im goin to purchase the engine/tranny anyways to try it..but has anyone done it??? i need to know asap:rocks: :rocks: :rocks: :rocks:
Why in the world would you want to do that? That DSM deserves better then some 3G junk.

If it's the 4 cylinder version, it's the 4g64. I don't know if the mounts are the same or not though. I wouldn't recommend finding out though.

Waste of time, Money and a 2g. 3g motors are pathetic and horrible, still trying to think why that gave up the turbo for a v6:confused:

:coy: :coy: :coy: well first off the tranny completly blew up. i have a hole in the tranny, and secondly im getting the engine and tranny for only 200.00. the engine is outta a 2002 eclipse 4 cyl with low milage on it. still dont think i should do it?? if i could find a tranny for 200 i would just put a tranny in but i havent found anything for descent

Dude don't waste your time and money. 420A trannies are all over the place, they're not that hard to find. Paying $200 for the motor and tranny is a good price but I guarantee you that after all the custom fabrication and such it'll cost you more in the long run. And by the way I just helped my cousin change over from auto to stick in his GS and the tranny was only $300.

how about swapping a older engine and tranny into my car?? are the older engines any faster/better? and as older i mean 1g engine/tranny for 200$

4g63.... the replacement for displacement... there is a reason for everybody being upset once mitsubishi changed up the engine make for the eclipses, if I were you and you needed a new engine, i would go and buy a 4g63 race engine or something along those lines, but do not waste your time TRYING to put that thing in , you will also be very upset with the outcome if you do get it in there

You probably shouldnt try to talk someone into a 4g63 swap on a non turbo car.

4BangR-x said:
You probably shouldnt try to talk someone into a 4g63 swap on a non turbo car.

hah,my 98 gs came that way..LOL

but seriously, to thread starter ,just fix your transmission and call it a day

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back