The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2001 eclipse gs (power loss with A/C)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milby43

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 6, 2008
Laurel Springs, New_Jersey
Hey my friend has a 2001 Eclipse Gs and when ever she turns on the A/C, the engine stops making more power. She didnt let me drive the car yet cause she was in a rush to get to work. But when i do ill update on exactly what i feel. Basically it happens when she goes a normal speed or faster (40 ish). I had her punch the gas, i turned the air on. And the RPMs stopped(or slowed down drastically, i couldn't really tell we ran out of road), and same with the speed it kinda just stayed around 39-40-41.

I know sometimes with some cars when you turn on the A/C you might see a dip in RPM. But this is more like loss of power or something. Ill have to drive it, but any ideas?

mmmmm not sure on a a 2001, but i had a friend that had a similar problem but it turned out to be the ac compressor witch it was going and would barely move when you turned it with your hand...

Ok cool man that helps. It sounds like that would cause it. And to support that now her car makes this squealing sound when it starts up. My mx3 did that and it was the alternator belt, we just had to tighten it.
Ill check her compressor, its probably seized or something.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back