The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

2000cc High Imp's for Under 200$

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsmornothing

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 23, 2009
Ishpeming, Michigan
So let the hate begin. I found a source for Injectors today while ordering new ones for my Bimmer today. Everybody in the BMW world recommends them and that was enough for me to be interested. It began with a simple phone call to order a set for my M5 and we got to talking and lead into the DSM's. Anyways, they are some awesome people to deal with and extremely knowledgeable and wont throw you to the side like some other companies. All E-mails and Phone calls have been answered quickly and they back their product. Anyways, here you go. Love me or hate me IDC.

2000cc High Impedance: Subaru, Hyundai, Mitsubishi, Mazda - Import Fuel Injectors - Custom Milled High Performance Impreza WRX and Mazda RX7 Siemens Injectors - 0426IMP2000/EV6Pigtails

These aren't anything new. They've been around for a while.

As hating vs. loving, the test data says they aren't a good choice compared to other options. ECMTuning did several hours with of testing on these to get the data below.

Testing without peak/hold drivers (via ECMTuning's test rig).

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Testing with peak/hold drivers (AEM 10-channel peak/hold box) on the same rig. All the drivers did was shift the whole curve to the left.

For comparison, here's the plots from FIC 2150's.

We've made some changes to the display procedures to help visualize the real behavior of injectors once deadtime is actually factored out. This plot (and probably all future plots) will be showing effective flow with individual deadtime compensation. In this particular example, deadtime (total deadtime, not adjustment) was:

Injector 1: 769
Injector 2: 691
Injector 3: 698
Injector 4: 772

So a spread of 80 usecs or so with a base deadtime right at stock 690 values...

With individual deadtime compensation.

Without individual deadtime compensation.

Last edited by a moderator:
So if this is the case you have a little extra tuning to do while saving 600+$ I'd rather have the money. I have ordered a set with my bimmer injectors that I plan to send out for testing. As far as I am concerned if they impress the people in the BIG $ game I don't see why they won't be enough for us too. All injectors come from the same place and get a sticker slapped on them.

All injectors come from the same place and get a sticker slapped on them.

FIC and FiveO injectors are definitely NOT the same. I'm not saying they won't work for you, just that they're not the same.

FWIW they are 140 a piece so 560 bucks for a set of injectors that far off. FIC sells them for 780. So the choice is up to you.

Pictures are fixed.

These may work better if you're using a standalone EMS that has much more tuning/injector control than ECMlink. But for the few link users who tried them, they have not been happy with the results.

If that is indeed a set price, then their website is misleading as it says "injector" (singular version) all over the place, but then a note later on saying "This is a flow matched set...".

Then again, you get what you pay for. Somehow I can't see a set of 2000cc injectors for about the same price as you buy used OEM Evo injectors working out well. But post up your data and results when you get them in and tuned.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back