The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

1G 20 years later an exwife and a girlfriend gone only one stands by my side and almost done

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpazOmaTic

Probationary Member
Apr 18, 2021
Canton, Ohio
I may be crazy but I have a 3/90 gsx standard earlier run always have to take parts off car to get right one even with Vin never been wrecked bought it in 97 from original owner my motor mounts are different than my friend 1g but his is after 8
/90 nothing Fitts in engine compartment but to the question would it mke much difference if you ran a pressure regulator for a automatic knowing that's their is 6 psi increase over the standard shit with no vacuum I'm some what new to this when it come to fuel injection .I'll lay out what I v done bored .30 Ross 9 1/2 decked both block .05 and head .43 hKS head gasket arp head and main bolts tdo5h turbo hks intake pipes and throttle elbow hks cams intake 272 exhaust 272 just running system as stock as possible looking to better fuel milage and horse power at the same time was getting 26 gallons around town till I blown pressure regulator and then find that my buddy had given me the wrong pump he gave me a 320 lph pump high pressure pump just want to know if it's a big deal if it a 6 psi different thanks

It might run a bit rich but it will work. When we start modding, most set their base pressure on an adjustable fuel regulator at 42.5 anyway.
I own a bunch of 90's and I have never had problems with parts myself.

So years ago I think it was STEVE who did the math. It said that 450s on 38 psi flowed about 410 ccs of fuel.
It used to be a mod that u ran the 2g maf with 550 injectors and it should run fine.
I myself ran 450s on auto fuel pressure with no noticeable issues I could tell.

Like marty said it could and may run a tad rich, but I don't think your gonna have a huge issue, or super noticeable issue. Maybe ull loose sum fuel economy, but like I said I doubt ull have a super noticeable issue by just going with the higher fuel pressure.
The ecu should be able to compensate a little bit, going back to you shouldn't have a huge noticeable difference in the way the car runs and drives.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back