The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

20+ PSI on stock ECU timing control.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prez

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 18, 2003
Des Moines, Iowa
I have a standalone Megasquirt system on my car controlling Fuel and Spark. I am having some issues with timing and was going to go back to stock ECU timing control. Will 20+ PSI be fine on the stock ECU timing? I have wideband and race gas on in the car to make sure those are with in limits.

Do you have a logger? If so, then just watch timing, knock, and egt readings, if you have a egt. As long as your not knocking, and not pulling 1700degree runs at the top of 3rd, then timing is OK. You want to be about 18 degrees or more at the top of 3rd. The way I see it, IMHO, you can never have TOO much timing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back