The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2 week old intermittant SRS light, now getting annoyed

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phoenix_RsX

20+ Year Contributor
Jun 28, 2002
MarylandUS
When the light first came on, I found that the fuse was blown. No big deal, I changed it and the light went away. Well now for about two weeks now, the light comes on, turns off, and has stayed on.......however my fuse isn't blown. what next?

The ABS system is just like the ECU. It has it's own controller and the ABS light, when on constantly, means that the ABS controller has ran a test on a circuit/system and the system failed the test. The codes can be retrieved with a high end generic scan tool or a dealer scan tool. Chances are a palm, dsmlink, autozone scan tool will NOT be able to access the ABS controller for code retrieval.

Once you have this code you can begin to trouble shoot the system. Until then it's a matter of guess work. Wheel speed sensor, broken tone ring on the hub, abs pump failure, abs module internal failure, or any number of things.
Doug

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back