The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2 questions(1 drivetrain, 1 electrical)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fonzi90Tsi

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 17, 2012
Bakersfield, California
So I have two questions:

So I got the car all put together :).
Anyways my problem is when the car is on it does not want to go into gear. But if I doughty try to go into 2nd gear then straight into 1st it will go but will lightly fringe as long as its in gear. If I let up off the clutch while in gear it will jump then stall. Does this in Reverse as well.

I have bled the clutch plenty of times. I have new slave, master, clutch assembly and resurfaced flywheel.( All OEM) Also I have adjusted the rod a few different times.

My question is upon inspection I noticed my fork isn't in the middle of the lil window on the tranny. Its all the way to the drivers side. And also when the clutch is all the way depressed the fork is barely at the middle of the window.

So is this my problem? How would I go about fixing it?

Pic clutch fully depressed
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Second is what is this plug? Its on the harness in back of the intake mani.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Thanks in advance guys.

And yes I searched. Very similar but not the answers I was looking for.
Sorry pics are blurry. Doing this from my phone.

I just had this problem with the clutch. Look up on YouTube(I can post a link when I get home in 30 minutes) hoe to bleed slave cylinder. Worked for me and also if the bleeder screw is pointing down get a clear tube that fits it and run it up over the front bumper and run it to a bottle and run it all the way to the bottom and put a little brake fluid in there. That's how I did it.

Clutch Slave Cylinder - How to Bleed - YouTube
Here is the video.
Did you try this? I just replaced the slave and master cylinder last Friday and I had similar problems. I did the steps on this over and over and had a lot of air still in the slave even after completely bleeding the system till no more air would come out. Then I did this and there was still a lot of air trapped in the slave.

This video tells you everything you need to know about adjusting your clutch, which should be done after its bled.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vYJxQyjIhUw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I am gonna try them out today and let everyone know.

Gonna try them out today.

Update:

So I have tried everything suggested. No luck :-(

So I pulled the tranny to do an inspection. I haven't found anything out of the ordinary. So I am gonna be reinstalling and see if the problem persist.

Before I start are the any tips/suggestions?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back