The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

2 Fast and 2 Furious review

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I found this movie to be sooo much better than the last one. This wasnt an 1h30m advertisement. This had some real action to it. Plus when the cut to the odometer ever time, the cars are going normal speeds for a car like that not like 160. Plus i like the races in this movie over the crappy quater mile races in the first. All in all it was a great movie and ill go see it again maybe even 3 times. Also this one had a good amount of comedy in it.

Originally posted by nutshot
Since this is the official thread, let us make some clear points:
-the current "Eclipse" is not fast, it is a Sebring with ribs (for her pleasure)
-saying Nawwwzzzz is not bad, believing that nitrous adds revs to your theoretical topspeed is bad ("I topped out at 145 today, I need Nawwzz")
-destroying cars is cool, especially in the name of random destruction

Yeah, I didn't know how that got past whoever was the local motorsport guru on the set of the first one.:
dsm: for life

I enjoyed it :)

Just go in looking for a fun time, not good acting, thought provoking plot, or profound technical knowledge. It was better than the first one, and a lot funnier.

Isaw it today, way better than the first. still has that bit of unrealistic shifting but the cars sounded way better and some great drifting, also i thought the plot was better
Matt

Originally posted by focusedrage
the first one felt like a real movie, the second felt like a action drug trip for the purpose of forcing advertisments on to us... i mean there was a soby logo painted on the shop!

Just saw the movie with my wife, and we both thought it was much better than the first. I liked the focus on the cars in the first movie, but I did like the plot better in this movie. It had a few twists that made it a little less predictable than the first. Still, the main reason for seeing this one was to see the cars. I did see a couple cool 2G Eclipses, even though they were just quick glimpses. I loved the EVO, and my wife, well... she loved the aforementioned Sobe logo that was painted on the shop (she has a huge collection of Sobe bottles... lizard lover that she is).

All in all I'd say it was an awesome movie, despite some of its flaws. A definite must see for anybody who loves cars.

Later!

Originally posted by vertGST

that car stuck out real bad. i also noticed the red one in the scatter that was really nicely done. and my friends mercedez c class:thumb:

Brendon:dsm:

I did notice the red one in the scatter... that one was pretty nice... :D

I liked the movie. Only part i didn't like was the "suprise" where he lifted the draw bridge.

I haven't seen 2f2f yet, but the shop that I work at painted the Jetta that the kid drives in the first one.

I prefered the first one to the second one. say what you will about advertisements or whatever, I don't care. the only legitimate reason to see the movie is for the cars. the first one had much more eye-candy than the second. granted, the second one was more funny, and the race scenes were more badass than the crappy quarters in the first one, but I just didn't get to see as many cars up close as in the first one. oh, and the 3g clipse had a BOV.... how? when I mentioned this to my friend with a '92 NT, he told me they could just hook it up to the engine somehow and have it make noise...

Most God awful move ever, (John singleton) go figure. Fast and Furious meets boys in the hood:rolleyes: :barf:

Originally posted by SpydiRTEK
oh, and the 3g clipse had a BOV.... how?

It could have an aftermarket turbo, but it doesn't. It was a Hollywood "voice over."

I thought I wouldnt like the movie but i liked it. Even my girl said it was better than the 1st. Most of you have to remember that its hollywood, thats why the skyline didnt kick the sh!t out of the rx7 supra and s2000. That is also the reason that the 3g spyder had a bov sound and kept up with the lancer. This movie was made for entertainment purposses and it entertained me. So I give it a :thumb: If you want the real thing go to the street races.

i also say the 2g with the fuct center taillight too. i saw a total of 3 2gs how many did you guys see????

I liked it better then the first part, that purging in the beginning from i think it was the skyline was pretty cool..
I also thought there was a lot of funny parts.."I've got something for your ass"

Originally posted by XTurboSpYderX

yeah... you can factory option the 4 cyl 3G eclipse with a rali///Art turbo package, you can also factory option a rali///Art package on the V6, but IT'S rali///Art package includes a supercharger... they are still slow and ugly...

Uhuh. I was looking at a 3g spyder in the showroom at the local dealer, he tried to sell it to me and I just said "nahhh, it's missing something". He looked at me funny and I said "the turbo". He then replied "buy it and I'll throw one on for free" :rolleyes:

Anyway, I just got back from seeing 2F2F. Better than the first, couldn't stop laughing when the Buttstain got smooshed. Definitely still a Hollywood fairytale, but it was enjoyable nonetheless. I recommend it :thumb:

the first one is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better!! this one was way to fake looking and it didn't. the first race scene looked to fake for me but the first ones racing scenes looked rea except for the speeds they were going. also the purge was cool but it got old after watching him purge over and over again because then your just using all that good stuff up :D
O' Conners girl in the first one was alot hotter than the one he was looking at in this movie. also the rich place looked kinda fake where as the first one looked like the real deal.

thats just how i felt about th movie though,
mike

Okay, paul walker said the words "bro" and "bra" (even more wiggerized version of 'bro') way too many times in the movie, the word spray was used too many times, the draw bridge thing was really ###, that viper wouldve killed all those cars, especially the ### eclipse, and too many colored flames coming out of tail pipes.. oh, and that suki girl was nasty as hell. :barf:

Not enough dealing with cars, too much story.

Oh, and way too many shots of drivers feet.. who cares about their damn feet pushing the clutch and the gas. the ejection seat thing was pretty stupid too.

but still, a true hollywood depiction of our culture.
atleast i got to see some parts of home in the movie.
plus some of my buddies had their cars in. BASTARDS.
:thumb:
phil

Ok the movie was OK from a sci-fi point of view :), but did anyone else notice all the inconsitancies?

1. When reacing the 69 camaro and the hemi he says that they will have to pull something out in order to beat them, but yet they seemed to have no trouble beating them in the beginning on the highway.

2. The odometer on the EVO VII had 2 miles on it.

3. The EVO VII had the stock intake on it.

4. When jumping the bridge in the beginning no one single neon light shattered on any of the cars.

5. When smashing the gate at the boat yard the EVO clearly destroys the front bumper, but yet when he pulls up to the farrari it is fine.

6. Almost every car in the movie had a SSQV.

7. The police used a "EMP" to disable the cars but yet in order for an EMP to truly work you would need a large power supply AND it would need to strike the chassis and not the doors.

8. When pulling the EMP off his car why would Paul Walker not get shocked as well?

9. Devon Aoki had the S2000 which was letting off a BOV when she was driving.... Where the hell was the intercooler???? I guess honda is now going with those rear mount ICs

No you might think I have too much time on my hands to notice this but I got this from watching the movie once. All and all it was a fun movie.... not great, but fun and it made me laugh on more than one occasion.

I liked it a lot, there were a lot of inconsistencies, but they were easily overlooked when you consider IT IS just a movie. Suki is ####ing dope by the way, especially in the little schoolgirl outfit near the end, holy shit. Good movie aside from some of the acting, I'd see it again. Oh, and about the electrocuting the cars crap, it is possible, there have been companies developing things like this for years for police agencies.

Just my 2 cents, take it how you want...

i watched it last night. i give it a :thumb:! i'd recommend it to everyone.

the skyline purging thru the crowd was wicked! OMG

the cars overall were better. they were more exotic for the most part, and more realistic with a few exceptions like the BOVs on NT cars. even though in one shot i coulda swore i saw an intercooler on the 3G. :confused:

When racing the 69 camaro and the hemi he says that they will have to pull something out in order to beat them, but yet they seemed to have no trouble beating them in the beginning on the highway.

this is because they (brian and rome) got the jump first. they left before the idiots did. top end in either of the mitsu's is quick.
personally, i would trust a 2002 model car over ANY 60/70's car going 100mph+. maybe the idiots were afraid to top the car out. :confused:

all in all, it was a good movie. i just wish some people could stop criticizing a MOVIE so much. so what if its not 100% realistic? or even 50%? there aren't many movies with sport compacts in them, and when they finally come out, people rip the hell outta them, and that makes film makers not wanna make another one because of the stupid uncalled-for criticism.

if you think you can make a better movie, GO FOR IT! if not...STFU!!!!!!!
:D :thumb:

Later,

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back