The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2 engine codes thrown

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evil tsi

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 26, 2011
findlay, Ohio
the car is a 99' eclipse gst and i have 2 codes thrown. the first is cylinder 1 misfire and the other is fuel trim malfuntion bank 1. id imagine the codes are related. the car falls flat on its face outside of boost. ive replaced both o2s and maf thinking that would help but no change. after the car started acting up the boost fell off at top end(badly). so i went ahead and put on a sbr header and 38mm wastegate thinking itcould be the wastegate. the problem still persists. Im leaning towards a faulty injector on cylinder 1? any help would be greaty appreciated.

That deffinately doesn't sound like a bad idea, try this. Swap your number one injector with your number two. Clear the codes and see if it comes back misfire for cyl 2

would i have to replace the o ring off of the injector by doing so? i have a set of blue top injectors off a 1g also. I know the 2gs are 450s not sure if they flow the same? or are interchangeable(plug and play)?

I'm not sure about the fitment but I'm sure the injectors seal would be ok, this will eliminate or pin point your roblem. If your I jector is bad than see ab out swapping them out, nos sense changing inj if its not needed. Imo of course.

this is a daily driven car with tasteful mods. so is there somewhere(besides the stealerhip) to get a set of oe injectors? the local parts stores dont have them, which was shocking. I dont want to go bigger just bc i dont want to mess with tuning the car.

You can see if anyone on here has a set of stockers laying around, or someone parting out a car.

Plugs/wires, coil, compression. In that order of most likelyness.

new plugs and wires, the coil would be the next best bet. thanks for the help :thumb:

just found out that advance has the injectors for 61.49 each. gonna get a set and hope it works.

the injectors have almost 200k on them so imo changing them out even if they are good wouldnt be a bad idea. the pump also has that many miles on it so it could be a weak pump but the rail feeds from both ends? the filter is new so thats def not an issue

if it was your pum you would get a P0300 random/multiple misfire, but if your money is burning a hole in your pocket go for it. With that many miles I would reccomend a compression test.

only 60k on engine. ive already dumped way too much money into the car(typical dsm) i have almost 10k in a car thats only worth like 4K. so at this point i just want it running right

Fair enough, since its a newer engine its inj. Or coil.

thanks again for all your help and your fast responses. if it fixes it ill be sure to mark it solved

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back