The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2.5" exhaust system or 3" exhaust system....backpressure?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

.Lex.

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 14, 2003
Vancouver_BC_Canada
If your car does not NEED (as in its not making a lot of power) 3" exhaust system (down pipe, cat, pipes), and you install one, will this harm your performance? Do you lose backpressure? I was just wondering, because say your car in current state is running pretty much stock and you want to install an exhaust system 1st, and maybe later on you will run a bigger turbo, maybe not, would installing a 3" be better on a pretty much stock 1g or would a 2.5" provide better results?

Thank you. :thumb:

From what I've read and seen if your going for about 400 hp go with 2.5
If your going with more than 400 than you want a 3" system.

IMO if you dont plan on going big then dont get the 3" becuz jeeeesshhh o wiz did I have boost creep from the demons when I installed a full 3" system on my previous dsm; it made the car no fun to drive. next time around I will go with 2.5" dp and 3" catback, and hopefully there wont be so much creep. CREEP = Major PITA "personally"

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back