The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2.4l bottom end

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Be more specific. The crank is just as strong. The rods are just as strong, they use the same rods. The 6 bolt has big rods, the 7 bolt has the smaller ones. Its the pistons that are weak in the 4g64 stock..

Well I dont know about the rods being quite as strong...but he didnt ask anythign about specific... His question seems like it wants a simple answer and thats what he got =)

Originally posted by candela
Well I dont know about the rods being quite as strong...but he didnt ask anythign about specific... His question seems like it wants a simple answer and thats what he got =)

I wasnt referring to you being more specific, I was talking about him.

As far as Ive read the 4g64 6 bolt has the "1g big rods", and the 7 bolt 4g64 has the same rods as a 7 bolt 4g63. But the 4gCs or whatever those other ones are that are in hyundai's, I have no idea what rods they have stock.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back