The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2.4 Liter G4CS Build Blog

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atuca

Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2007
Central Valley, California
04-19-2009
--------------------------

Spent yesterday tearing down the stock g4cs block.

To start off. To get the engine on the Harbor Freight engine stand, you will need:

2x M10x1.25x80mm hex bolts
2x m10x1.25x70mm hex bolts

the two shorter 70 mm bolts go on the top of the tranny side of the block, the two longer 80 mm bolts go on the bottom half. I mounted the bracket ont he block before trying to get it up in the engine stand. I than used multi purpose white grease to lubercate the engine mount cylinder. That will help to rotate the block as you build on it and make it heavier.

Taking everything out of the block was pretty straight foward. Took off the bolts holding the main caps on. They popped out with a little effort once all the bolts were removed. on a g4cs block, there are single caps all accross the block, meaning there are 5 caps, not connected like on a 4g63.

I than took the nuts off the pistons and pushed them through the top of the block (since i was working with the engine upside down I just pushed them down and out). At this point I got the side ?crankshaft seal? the thing where the flywheel bolts to. After that, the crank just popped out with a little tug.

Today (well yesterday as of an hour ago) I went to pick and pull and got the following:

6 bolt oil pan complete with 20 mounting screws

oil strainer

6 bolt flywheel cover (the little metal plate that covers the bottom part of the tranny that extends past the engine)

1g Green top CAS (i am told black top out of a 94 dsm is the best, but I don't know really why. research if you like. Either way, I am going to run a 1g head and needed a CAS)

6 bolt oil dip stick (I don't know if the 6 bolt dip stick is different or not, but I grabbed one anyways :)

Here are the pics, more updates as the build continues this weekend. Feel free to suggest anything I might need, I am really noob and just trying to act like I know what i am doing as I go along. :p

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back