The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

2.3 Stroker Install...Props to the guys at SBR

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Here's Nate's illusive "power switch". Sometimes he just gets a little bit too happy with it and blows headgaskets :p.

Attachments

• The Power Switch.jpg
    The Power Switch.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 489
alex99gst said:
LOL. i thought that was the CAS though? or else im an idiot :confused:

Nope, thats definetly the power switch. Mitsubishi even labeled them on some of the early 90s with the power indicator as seen above. Because of headgasket reliability issues they had it removed by mid-model year.

Nate
SBR

red91gst said:
Nope, thats definetly the power switch. Mitsubishi even labeled them on some of the early 90s with the power indicator as seen above. Because of headgasket reliability issues they had it removed by mid-model year.

Nate
SBR

Holy shit! That's an awesome idea for CAS. Funny as hell. :laugh:

red91gst said:

Nate
SBR

Yea.. Nate just got lucky and found a car with one of those rare switches... And likes to toy and test things.. but he has a bad habit of just turning it all the way up :thumb: LOL

Mark
SBR

Airpoppoff said:
Im not jealous of you Andrew, For all I care, you can......

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

If your smart, you can figure it out :)

im thinking that is your evo behind you ? love the color .

Hey did u end up sellin ur eclipse yet airpopoff? Cause looks like you got a new ride in the behind ya.

I bought one of nate's power switches. Some people collect antiques. Some people sports parphenalia. Nate collects power switches.

And Head Gaskets. LOLOLOLOL.

CRGR.

super95awd said:
Here's Nate's illusive "power switch". Sometimes he just gets a little bit too happy with it and blows headgaskets :p.

Just JB weld the head on, that would solve your problem :thumb: . Seriously on gas with a high lead content (VP C16) you normally have to run close to 10 degrees more advance due to the slower burn rate of the fuel. Crank up the advance on racegas.

Well as of tonight we got it running, broke in the motor, and got to tuning. It surprised us from the get go. We left the EBC off just to see what it would flow on 14 or so psi. Made a pull, flowed 37 lb/min, not to shabby for 14psi completely untuned. We were happy, it was running strong. So we just kept driving in circles, making pulls left and right until we finally ended the night with fairly conservative tuning, but the car RIPS. Boost is set at 23psi and it's seeing only 16 degrees of advance (no knock). This tuning yielded us 47 lb/min with A LOT more in it. The car just plain hauls and is a blast to drive because of all the torque and insanely fast spool. I'll update you guys again once I add some more boost into the mix or something, and probably get a video ;).

I'll get some more pics for you guys tomorrow, including pics of the new exterior look, and also a video (Anybody feel like hosting it?)

Here's a couple pics just so I don't let you guys down. It's raining outside :cry:.

Attachments

• Car in Garage.jpg
    Car in Garage.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 1,051
  • Car in Garage 2.jpg
    Car in Garage 2.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 258
super95awd said:
Well as of tonight we got it running, broke in the motor, and got to tuning. It surprised us from the get go. We left the EBC off just to see what it would flow on 14 or so psi. Made a pull, flowed 37 lb/min, not to shabby for 14psi completely untuned. We were happy, it was running strong. So we just kept driving in circles, making pulls left and right until we finally ended the night with fairly conservative tuning, but the car RIPS. Boost is set at 23psi and it's seeing only 16 degrees of advance (no knock). This tuning yielded us 47 lb/min with A LOT more in it. The car just plain hauls and is a blast to drive because of all the torque and insanely fast spool. I'll update you guys again once I add some more boost into the mix or something, and probably get a video ;).

Yes, the car is running very strong and the power switch is still set conservative :thumb: Its going to be a beast with some dyno time.

Welded center diffs make funny noises, but kickass. :laugh:

Nate
SBR

super .. your car would be my fav if you had the "turbo " wing on it . just my opinion . Still looks good tho .

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back