The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

2.3 Stroker Install...Props to the guys at SBR

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fwdturbobov1996 said:
thats very nice . but why not buy a 6 bolt and build it ? lesser chance of cw . now your gonna run what low 11's ? if not lower . your trap before the built you could run a low 12 .

It is a 6 bolt and low 11's would be nice :p.

CanadianTSi said:
Will your car be able to hit the track before the end of the year?

Shouldn't be a problem. The last test and tune is Nov 6.

ok you guys that run 12's your mphs are high .. my buddy ran a 12.4 @ 110 . i see you guys running a 12.7 @ 115 and a 12.9 @ 110 ... the 115 could be a low 12 easily and the 110 could be a mid 12 .. hmm .. maybe the lauch .

fwdturbobov1996 said:
ok you guys that run 12's your mphs are high .. my buddy ran a 12.4 @ 110 . i see you guys running a 12.7 @ 115 and a 12.9 @ 110 ... the 115 could be a low 12 easily and the 110 could be a mid 12 .. hmm .. maybe the lauch .

When I ran 12.9 I was experimenting with different launch techniques, on that run I slipped the clutch way to much....but on the other hand I ran 13.0 at 110 with a 1.74 60' the other night...go figure :confused:

Sweet 2.3 and awesome choice of the stage 5 head. SBR is the real deal. Keep us posted.

Update: She finally decided to start up today, but it was definitely running on 3cyl if not 2. So I checked for spark. Sure enough,coil pack is dead. So what's a few more days down :cry:.

Well Nate is sending me out a coilpack from up at the shop tomorrow, so if I can get it broken in on Thursday, you guys will hear some impressions.

Here's a couple pics I snapped to tide you guys over. The spark plug well cover is just sitting there for added effect and dont mind the duct tape over the return for the bov, temporary solution just so I could start it until I throw together a return tube.

Attachments

• In Bay 2.jpg
    In Bay 2.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 463
  • In Bay 1.jpg
    In Bay 1.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 460
That is a work of art :thumb:

You always work better in the wee hours of the morning.

Now lets get it tuned, just dont let me touch the "power switch"!!!!

Nate
SBR

thats a sick ass motor man, congrats, i was wondering what timing belt is tht?

You don't ask a women her weight,
you don't ask a man how much he spent on his car

Man, that's going to be a parts breaking machine once it's running. Well, at least you'll know you're making enough power. ;)

Ya, it will melt, my friend was just messing around and put it there and I havn't gotten around to routing it permanently. And back off the red hood prop :p.

if yall think thas cool....which its ####ing beautiful....yall are gonna shit when you see my motor done in a little less thana year hopefully......i love deployment

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back