The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

2.3 Stroker Install...Props to the guys at SBR

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

super95awd

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 11, 2002
Morgantown, West_Virginia
Just finished up a long weekend of working on the car. Pulled the motor Friday night, then Nate from SBR came up at the break of dawn on Saturday and we worked all day on stripping down the 7 bolt, building the stroker, and eventually dropping it in the car at 4am. There are still a few kinks to be worked out before it runs, but all in all, it's done. I'd just like to give a big shout out to Nate for driving an hour and a half to bring the motor down to me and then staying the weekend to help me out. Now that's customer service :thumb:. Anyways, here's a couple pics.

2.3 Stroker and Stage 5 head fully assembled on the stand and Nate getting his ass kicked by the tranny assembly process.

Attachments

• On Stand 1 Tuners.jpg
    On Stand 1 Tuners.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 1,023
  • Nate 1 Tuners.jpg
    Nate 1 Tuners.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 1,012
OMG Sorry for the incredible lack of pics, I always mean to take a whole bunch, but once I start working it never happens that way. I'll take some pics of it completely installed.

Looks nice man, only thing im not liking is the oil feed from the head without a filter in that line. you should go from the filter housing IMO.

But non the less, looks great :thumb:

Wow, is that a T-25 :p

I think you could stick a mini basketball in your turbo inlet. OMG

B-E-A-utiful man! wow can't wait 'til that thing fires up! Anyways looks great and keep us posted with the progress. :thumb: :talon:

holy f-in crap. Beautiful motor, and car of course. Money well spent i guess. I need to hurry up and start building a motor up now. I'm feeling left out.

Well....like I said before. I'm a have to drive down there and swipe it from ya'. Haha. Just kidding. Still jealous over here. But like I said earlier. Let me know in advance when ya' go to PRP. And I'll try and meet ya' down there with the camcorder. ;)

I dream of building a stroker or a 2.4L block someday. Looking great :thumb: :dsm:

Slowboy is my favorite shop even though one time i ordered some couplers and it didnt come for like 3 weeks and i called and they said they found the reciept but it wasnt processed. BUt what u gonna do ppl make mistakes. I usually go to them first for anything. Most reasonable prices compared to any shop keep up the good work you guys :thumb:

thats very nice . but why not buy a 6 bolt and build it ? lesser chance of cw . now your gonna run what low 11's ? if not lower . your trap before the built you could run a low 12 .

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back