The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2.2 stroker?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

96eclipsex

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 29, 2005
Rutledge, Tennessee
Im going to buy a 420a 2.2 stroker kit soon but I have so many questions its unreal.
Do I have to do anything to my block other than have it bored out?
Do I need a bigger head gasket when i have it bored?
Can I use the stock computer on stock settings for break in or do I have to change spark and fuel?
Is it even worth the extra money and hassle?
I have more questions but I can't think of them now.

Do I have to do anything to my block other than have it bored out?
Yes, you should have freeze plugs replaced, the block should be hot-tanked and you should get the head surface decked for using a MLS head gasket.
Do I need a bigger head gasket when i have it bored?
Check the bore size of the pistons you will be using and the bore size of the head gasket you want to use. If the bore size of the pistons is bigger than the head gasket you want, then you need a larger head gasket.
Can I use the stock computer on stock settings for break in or do I have to change spark and fuel?
I am not sure in this area. I would not be using stock stuff at all for a build. I would be putting on wide-band o2, some tuning device, an egt, and a logger.
Is it even worth the extra money and hassle?
YES

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back