The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G 2.0 Non Turbo Harmonic Balancer

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sambob

Probationary Member
Aug 24, 2022
Easton, Maryland
I have a 1991 Plymouth laser, is the harmonic balancer for a turbo and non turbo car the same? My dad brought me a used one but the hole the crank shaft bolt goes in is bigger in the one he brought me will this matter?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

According to CAPS, they are different part numbers: MD090767 for the 1G N/A and MD376608 (or MD338315, MD130250) for turbo.

However, isn't that just the crankshaft pulley washer you're pointing out in the first pic?

According to CAPS, they are different part numbers: MD090767 for the 1G N/A and MD376608 (or MD338315, MD130250) for turbo.
My mistake, MD090767 is the 1.8L. All 2.0L 1Gs have the same part number.

I have a 1991 Plymouth laser, is the harmonic balancer for a turbo and non turbo car the same? My dad brought me a used one but the hole the crank shaft bolt goes in is bigger in the one he brought me will this matter?

It uses the 4 holes for mounting so it shouldn’t matter, but I can assure you turbo and non turbo 4g63’s utilize the same balancer. Perhaps it’s from a 1g 7 bolt or 2g engine (don’t know the differences there) or possibly a Dorman brand or some other brand aftermarket replacement.

However, isn't that just the crankshaft pulley washer you're pointing out in the first pic?

My mistake, MD090767 is the 1.8L. All 2.0L 1Gs have the same part number.
So I’m guessing the piece I’m pointing out will come out and go in the new balancer? The washer is still on the bolt.

So I’m guessing the piece I’m pointing out will come out and go in the new balancer? The washer is still on the bolt.

Just take out the 4 bolts. It will be obvious. That washer isn't part of the balancer. The one on your car has the big hole too

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back