The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

1st time w/ DSM at the track... good times?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurboB5

15+ Year Contributor
May 22, 2005
rt. 78/22 (908), New_Jersey
whats up guys, just recently went to atco yesterday for the first time with my 94 talon. Sucks you have to drive through the water box but whatever, i shouldnt bi*** i have AWD.

temp-68
rel. hum.-84

first 2 runs were around same but i didnt get a slip for the first.

1st run-14.19 @ ??

2nd-60'...2.08
1/[email protected]
1/[email protected]

2rd-60'...1.91
1/[email protected]
1/[email protected]

ive been holding around 3K until the second or so light, revving up to 5500-6000 and slipping a little and then dunping..idk really how to describe it if you know what i mean.

mods-free mods, K&N Cone, catless 2 1/2''-3'' exhaust, ported 95' manifold, 16G, act clutch, uicp and MBC set @ around 15. Stock injectors, fuel pump and no tuning. Im ordering soon hopefully some injectors, a fuel pump and a SAFC.

just wanna know what i should be getting, good bad and the ugly. TIA

I'd be happy with 13's for the first time out.

60' could use a little work. More supporting mods and more boost will lead to better times.

CanadianTSi said:
I'd be happy with 13's for the first time out.

60' could use a little work. More supporting mods and more boost will lead to better times.

yea im just starting to get the nack of launching a AWD car. My friend with a WRX came out with me and we were almost the same all night, him being COBB st. 2 and running like 14.0xx all night...

how do you think i can get my 60's down some more? ive read all i can read and it only soaks in so much...just wanna get some info from guys with good times...much like yourself LOL.

I had the same issues my first time with cutting 2.0's and 2.2's. The biggest issue is that if you don't have room to drive around the water box (like I did at the first track I went to), you won't have a 1.7 to 1.8 60' from tire spin. I would pull through the box if you have no choice and then do a couple of launches (dry hops) so that you can at least dry the tires off. Next time, you may want to ask the other street tire class drivers how they deal with it.

When I switched to a better track, going from a 2.2 to a 2.0 netted me .4 better on the top end with an awful tune. The general rule is for every tenth you pick up on the line, you'll improve that by a factor of two on the long end.

Good luck and good job!

Andy

Justins99GSX said:
good job :thumb: i am curious though how nervous were you when you went the first time??

I am gonna hit the track next weekend for the first time :barf:

Justin :dsm: :talon:

I always get a case of nerves when going from a stop, don't want to mess up the launch, usually it goes away once I am staged :dsm:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back