The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G's Carbon Fiber THREAD!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you have a great start on giving the community something to look forward to. 1g's do require subtle accents. Your designs do just that.
Be prepared to sell a lot of these.

I like and would buy something like option 1. I'm not sold on option 2, I guess it have to see it finished to determine my opinion.

Someone was talking about the lower window strips that flake and peel from the 1Gs....and they're discontinued....:cool: someone ;) has a set never installed still in the packaging!...they bought them years ago when they discontinued and got the last set in the country :D hmmm...that someone must feel pretty good LOL sorry just had to clutter up the thread

I'd also be interested in a CF headliner with moonroof provisions. love the lip and the idea for the spoiler. When prices come I will be much more interested. Keep us updated!

I'd prefer option number 2 for the lip. It seems like it would cover more some of the scratches that the years have added.

I still would love to see some lower window trims for the 1g. It seems like not many people are interested in them. If that's the case, could you make a 1 time only set of lower window trims for me? This way I'll be the only one here with cf lower window trims. Lol.
Thanks.

Option 2 !! What are the prices going to be?

Why don't you also try doing the Oem mudflaps for 1g for the people that don't have them. Think they will be a quick sell aswell since their hard to find.??

+1 on the dashboard overlay. How bout the whole center thing where the shifter is? taht would be sweet. +1 on the the 3 piece 1Gb spoiler also.

New idea though. How would a carbon fiber Subwoofer box do? would it be functional? if you make a box that looks nice and is space saving for the trunk, Im sure peeps would dig it

I would also be interested in the lower window trim piece. That would be nasty. I dig lip #2 but as many before me has said, please continue all the way around the bumper with the lip.

They both are good starts, but I prefer option 1. It kind of looks like option 2 envelopes the bumper too much.

Question: what kind of ideas did you have on how the mounting of the lips will work?

I hope these ideas come to fruition. :pray: The 1g's need more options, and you'd make plenty of cash off of us :p. I'd like to see the lower window trim pieces, I hate going out and looking at my flaked up mess. Lol.

+1 on the dashboard overlay. How bout the whole center thing where the shifter is? taht would be sweet. +1 on the the 3 piece 1Gb spoiler also.

New idea though. How would a carbon fiber Subwoofer box do? would it be functional? if you make a box that looks nice and is space saving for the trunk, Im sure peeps would dig it

I already make the center console... where the shifter is...
and i also make a subwoofer box for two 10 & 12...

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Any ideas on how easy it would be to use a 94 or similar year integra lip kit for a mold? I love both options you have going, just wanted to throw the integra lip idea out there for a few more design options and that they can be found pretty cheaply.

Hey man, i first would like to THANK YOU for devoting so much time and effort into doing this for the 1g owners, Have yet to change my profile pic to my 91 tsi. Either way, first thing is, the shifter console looks sick, Please pm me for the price on that.

Now for ideas, How hard would it to make 1ga fenders? I know mass majority of 1gs are the b's but just wondering. It looks like you know what your doing. Also, I have no clue about the cf process, but is there silver carbon fiber that could be done the same or no? I also agree with the wiper cowl and maybe also those side pieces on the console, The ones with the carpet. Reminds me of a fiero for some reason.

The dash overlay would be cool too or even individual sections.

If you want to go to precise little things, how about those little plastic screw covers by the handle. The rectangle ones. I know I dont have them in mine, and cant find them but hate the fact that I can see the screws. Got some scraps left over from other jobs? Like I said before,don't know the process and don't know how hard small things like that would be to do.

Oh and the plastic door handle trim on the inside, maybe the pillar trim that we connect the gauges to, glove box doors,gas lids( i'm pretty sure those have been done tho)

The idea about the lower window trim that flakes off, brilliant! hope to see that one day.

For the awd owners who like to get a little dirty sometimes, mudflaps, not bulky but just aggressive enough to be known. Hell if they were low profile id think a few fwd owners would sport them, to keep the paint a a little better, i know i would. just another thought about a few things that annoy me about the 1gs, the plastic door/fender/quarter panel strips that fill in the lines. something about them doesn't set right with me, Id rather fill it in,but at the same time if it was a cf strip instead.....

Ok i think i'll stop, I don't want to write a novel but those are a few ideas,what you asked for.

Last thing, number one. its simple :) (talking about the lips):thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back