The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G 1gina2g ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAM280

Proven Member
Oct 6, 2019
BRISBANE, Australia
G'day from down under...
Ive been doing a 6bolt swap and went to install the 2g cas and realised I have a 1g intake cam. Should I take that cam out and replace it with the intake cam that has the screw hole in the end or just install the 1g cas and wire it to the 2g cas connector. I already deleted the BS and installed a Kiggly crank sensor so i'm just wondering if I need to just work out which wires go where and would I need to invert the ecu as well?
So theres 4 wires in the 1g cas and only 3 wires in the 2g cas connector, I have the green 1g cas and the wires from the 1g cas connector are white, black, red, black. the first two wires seem thinner than the last two wires.

Im guessing the white goes to the cam signal on the 1g & 2g ecu's and the red and black are power and the thinner black wire is for the crank signal on 1g ecu's.
So if I already have the kiggly crank sensor setup I wouldn't need to use the thinner black wire on the 1g cas and just connect the white, red and black wires to the 2g cas connector.

If you follow this attached picture, you should be able to get it wired properly. I've followed it a few times, and never had a problem. Hope this helps.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

ok so if I go with the position of the wires and not the colours I should be right? My ECU is from a 96-97 model 2G, would I still need to invert the cas?

if i have the kiggly crank sensor do I still need to splice the yellow wire?

I just thought I would clarify I have mine set up with the kiggly crank trigger sensor and it works great with ecmlink v3! Be sure to route it correctly before putting the timing belt on LOL. I use a Magnus 1g in 2g conversion harness. I had a spare cam and crank plug in to make things easier. I basically deleted the crank signal to the 1g green top cas and kept the power to it using the Magnus harness. I ran the blue to the white wire like above while still keeping the hot and grounds and I didn't have to modify the Kiggly plug or splice into it!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back