The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

1GB with a 1GA body kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

icepikbiker

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 17, 2010
Salem, Oregon
Just wondering if anyone has tried to put a 1GA body kit on a 1GB?? im looking at picking up the 1GA drift body kit hella cheap but i have a 1GB and i know there is a big dif in the headlights.

what im wondering is will i have to modify the front bumper or will there just be some gaps around the lights or will the 1GB light not fit??

Anyone have any pics??

I've seen some pics around the forums here of someone with a 1ga kit on a 1gb. It looked pretty bad in my opinion.

The main one that I remember was someone's avatar I think. They didn't modify anything, just bolted it up, so it left the bumper tilted and with very obvious gaps because of the difference in headlights. I just plain looked like crap. If I can find it again I'll link it.

All you have to do is pick up some 2ga headlights and you'll be fine. Either way the gap isn't huge, but if you're anal about stuff like that you will want to get 2ga lights eventually. Search around, there are plenty of pictures of a 2ga bumper with 2gb lights.

All you have to do is pick up some 2ga headlights and you'll be fine. Either way the gap isn't huge, but if you're anal about stuff like that you will want to get 2ga lights eventually. Search around, there are plenty of pictures of a 2ga bumper with 2gb lights.

I'm pretty sure by the original post they are talking about a 1ga & 1gb.

There was a conversion on another forum I wish I could find but someone swapped everything to make their 1gb to look like a 1ga. 2ga to 2gb conversions happen all the time. I almost got a 96 talon that was converted to a 99 GSX.

I'm pretty sure by the original post they are talking about a 1ga & 1gb.

Haha wow, I must have been tired when I looked at this thread. You are correct.

Please don't put a body kit on the car. Especially if it wasn't designed for it. The lines in the kit won't match up well with the lines of the curved headlights on the car and the rounded spoiler as well as the side skirts... If you want to do appearance mods, get rims, tint, maybe lower it, and call it a day. The ultimate appearance mod in my opinion is a parachute. But you need a lot of stuff to justify having one.

Just the 1ga bumper on a 1gb I'm not sure about. You could always try a friends and see what it looks like. I know to put on the 1ga hood/pop ups you have to pretty much get a whole new front end. I think the 1gb fenders are slightly different from the 1ga but I could be wrong. I haven't seen to many 1gbs.

your the only one close i know that has a 1ga. if you wouldn't mind meeting up sometime i could bring a tape measure and see what the differences are.

the only reason im even thinking of doing this is ### its dirt cheap and i NEED a new bumper.

well i bought it and started with the fitment today. the front bumper is really my only worry. but i got it on and pretty solid. there are some gaps and its a little lower on the drivers side then on the passengers side. but for the most part its not to bad for something that is not suppose to be on my car.

Just wondering if anyone has tried to put a 1GA body kit on a 1GB?? im looking at picking up the 1GA drift body kit hella cheap but i have a 1GB and i know there is a big dif in the headlights.

what im wondering is will i have to modify the front bumper or will there just be some gaps around the lights or will the 1GB light not fit??

Anyone have any pics??

Yes you will i had a 1gb with the drifter body kit and i was going to put it on my 1ga but there are some differences that make it a pain to put on and fiberglass is a pain to work with if your impatient and dont know what your doing.

well i got it on and it doesn't look tooooo bad. the only real gaps are there because of a previous owner trimming out under the headlights, and where the bumper meets the fender there is also a 1/2" gap. the bottom of the front lip needs a little love from road rash. so a little glass work and some mesh screen and i think it will be pretty nice.

well i thought the front bumper was gonna be the hard one, I WAS WRONG. i tried to get the rear bumper on but it was gonna be just to much work for myself to take on. i dont have a hole lot of fiber glass know how so i didn't want to get in to deep so i backed out of it and put the stock bumper back on.

next weekend or so ill try the side skirts and see how they go.

well i think i might forced into giving up on this project. the apartments that we are moving into have some monster speed bumpers. unless i creep and angle just right my bumper scraps on the speed bumps and the drive way. it doesn't scrap to bad but is just annoying having to worry about coming in too fast and ripping off my front bumper.

i like the looks of the bumper and everything but its just to much of a hassel and i couldn't even get the rear bumper to fit up right so it looks funny with out it.

as for that said anyone want to buy a 1gA body kit with some scraps on the front bumper?? looking for a local sell but if your willing to pay the shipping ill ship it. its the Drifter body kit. not sure of the maker.

anyone know of a nice looking body kit that doesn't sit too low, this one sits about 2.5" off the ground. im looking at 3-4" off ground. i would even go for a lip kit (if any available).

ive seen it done but takes lots of modification

alot easier to get a 1ga

ive seen it done but takes lots of modification

alot easier to get a 1ga

ya quite a bit of modification, i knew i was gonna have to do some work to fit right but DAMN!! i think it might just be the bumper its self tho ### the sides of the rear bumper stick out like 4" each side and theres really nothing to hold it down with out drilling through the bumper its self. but the front bumper went on fairly easy.

i was gonna use it for a winter project but the wifes car went down so no projects right now :notgood: i want to learn how to work with fiberglass but this is a little out of my league.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back