The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

1GB Talon TSI 16G, on methanol

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Great update Tyler! Wow, just look at all that wiring! OMG That Haltech is sweet. :D Nice shoes too. :thumb: Good luck, with everything... The car is beautiful! :applause:

Great update Tyler! Wow, just look at all that wiring! OMG That Haltech is sweet. :D Nice shoes too. :thumb: Good luck, with everything... The car is beautiful! :applause:

Thanks Matt!! :thumb:

Having been an English Racing customer and friend for 10 years now, I honestly never thought someone would/could build a car that could beat their 'Little Auto' in the stock appearing turbo class! Super impressive!

My Haltech Sport 1000 with the IQ3 is ordered up as well! I'm super excited for it, especially seeing your iQ3 already mounted up! Did you go with the display dash or the logger dash?

Having been an English Racing customer and friend for 10 years now, I honestly never thought someone would/could build a car that could beat their 'Little Auto' in the stock appearing turbo class! Super impressive!

My Haltech Sport 1000 with the IQ3 is ordered up as well! I'm super excited for it, especially seeing your iQ3 already mounted up! Did you go with the display dash or the logger dash?

Thanks man! I got the display dash, couldn't afford the logging dash:( but I can log all the engine vitals and whatever else I want to add for testing as well. maybe down the road I'll upgrade. Nice to see you bought a Haltech setup, great system!

My 2014 Turbo setup showed up! Thanks to FP for help and support!

1557639_10152357484694074_1850620218_n_zps3e906155.jpg

Thanks to Forced Performance, Fuel Injector Clinic, Haltech, and Kiggly Racing for the help and support!

Thanks to Fuel Injector Clinic for helping me out on another season. I've got to get to work now! lots to do.

2014-04-01081642_wm_zpsc4b385f2.jpg

So last night I got the injectors installed, and the new intake pipe made.

20140401_184242_wm_zpsf0a206b5.jpg

2014-04-01195803_zps7f15979a.png

Turbo intake is super slick man!

Thanks man!!

Here are some more updates;

All the charge piping is finished and the catch can as well.

2014-04-19112805_wm_zpsfd801614.jpg

Started on the exhaust

20140428_204738_zps8254bb26.jpg

20140428_204904_zps528c36a0.jpg

20140429_194907_zps9c7680e8.jpg

20140430_193011_zpsd76eb5a7.jpg

Started on the wiring

20140420_204204_zpsb820b497.jpg

I'm really wishing I had more time to work on this!! its coming along though.

Very nice! Interested to see what this thing does on it's first outing. I know what you mean about wishing you had more time. You get things going and see the progress, then have to slow down for other "things" in life. As you guys always do, take the time to get it right the first time, and throw a second set of eyes on it to catch any little issues that can easily be overlooked! This thing is going to be a monster!!

That looks great, Haltech is a great computer, I have been running one since 96

Very nice! Interested to see what this thing does on it's first outing. I know what you mean about wishing you had more time. You get things going and see the progress, then have to slow down for other "things" in life. As you guys always do, take the time to get it right the first time, and throw a second set of eyes on it to catch any little issues that can easily be overlooked! This thing is going to be a monster!!

For sure man. I'm trying to not feel rushed, but its hard with the bracket season starting this Saturday. Oh well I guess

That looks great, Haltech is a great computer, I have been running one since 96

Yeah, I'm excited to use it! we have tuned 1 other car with it, and i was to busy doing machine work to have my hands in it. should be fun!

I finally had time to finish the exhaust up. Just have to add an O2 bung and some clamps, then I can mount my wring board and start running wires.

No V-band, slip fit with a T-bolt clamp. Something I thought I'd try.

20140503_102556_wm_zpsa35f090b.jpg

Spent alot of time tucking this thing up in there.

20140505_195810_zpscebcebbb.jpg

What the exit looks like. Yes its a cheap carbon/stainless/titanium Megan racing muffler, Don't hate! LOL

20140508_083150_zps2577d097.jpg

Still makes me nervous, but its lowest parts are right in-line with the tires. should be ok.

20140508_083210_zpsf7f2045f.jpg

Lots more to come, hoping to start jaming out wiring this weekend. I'm having to Bracket race our 11sec, BBF foxbody mustang for now, and it makes me miss the talon!

Sorry I haven't been keeping up on this as I usually do. car is running and driving, put a around 50 miles on it. I have been having issue finding and IAT solution that will live in the high temps of this setup (no-Intercooler) and that has me behind by a couple weeks, and is really beginning to frustrate me. I just bought a 4 channel Thermal couple to use as the IAT and now I'm having issue formatting it in the Haltech software. Its getting there, just not as quickly as I would like. Here is a little teaser update :)

That's why it's a teaser ;) can you watch it now?

Thanks Matt! there is a bit more left in it yet. cant wait to turn it loose!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back