The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

1G 1GB Quad HID Retrofit in Progress

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Good read. I could never undertake something like this on my own. Second I messed up a lens I'd quit LOL.

Another pretty newbish question. Since you removed the bowl how are you securing the bulb? Are you running 9006 bulbs in the h1 projector?

I don't understand the question.

If you are referring to HID projector bowls then... I never removed any bowls. I disassembled them to paint the insides (non bowl parts) red, and reassembled.

If you are referring to the oem bowls... I removed them to paint them black. They had to have the back sides flattened out, and the holes enlarged slightly (I think on the inner high beam ones only). The projector unit is attached via a threaded tube and nut that goes through the hole that normally holds the bulb. The bulbs in here are H1-based HID bulbs you could put a halogen in if you wanted to, but its pointless.

Sumhow This has been on my mind since I woke up today.

Question.What mm halos did you use?
I cant find my caliper atm,my cars not here,nore are my extra headlights.I was thinking 80 mm.But they range from 50 to 120,So im stumped on sizing.

The small ones are 60mm and the larger ones are...IDK. I cannot find my order forms. TRS will gladly tell you what will fit and what will not.

I want to say 80mm on the larger ones, but do NOT take this for fact.

Found caliper :hellyeah: I measured inside an extra headlight.There was 63mm of room total for the parking light,So 60mm rings or smaller for those.

Middle was about 70mm
And outer was like 80mm.

i did an hid retro fit a couple of years ago in my 2g... i cant remember what brand the projectors were but i did end up sourcing them from a 1g and i believe they were 80mm.

Sorry to dig up this thread but by any chance does anyone know if have to cut out the back of the reflector? Or do i just use the screw on nut?

Sorry to dig up this thread but by any chance does anyone know if have to cut out the back of the reflector? Or do i just use the screw on nut?
If you are using the mini h1 projectors, you can just pass the threaded part of the projector through the hole and secure with the provided nut. Good luck, my lights are still on storage, I haven't gotten to try them out yet

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back