The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

1GB HID headlight lense

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GSLENK

10+ Year Contributor
May 25, 2011
DC, Maryland
Anyone make a housing for the 1gb that doesnt have all the light scattering prizms in the lense? I was gonna look for one until mine cleaned up quite nicely. I did a 5 min search on ebay with no success.

Will those refractors play nicely or are HIDs a no go for us 1GBers? Ill probably end up doing it anyway, but I would prefer to be nice and buy a housing that wont glare all over the place. I would also blackout/remove the reflective material behind the projector, to furtger reduce glare.

Thanks

if such a housing does exist where could i find it?

Also would it be possible to sand down and buff the inside to be 100% smooth?

^^^^ his answer trumps all, hids in a halogen reflector housing is bad news. if your gonna do it.....do it right!

sorry if i was misleading, i would do it with a projector, and not using the reflectors... i was just worried that the angled surfaces or the lense would spread the light all over the place, and ruin the cutoff from the projector. Or need I not be worried?

No if you are doing a retrofit you can paint the reflector housing and it will be fine. Check out hidplanet.com. awesome info on retros very useful site. You can buy all your stuff from theretrofitsource.com.

ok so my golden question is still... (i assume it doesnt matter...)

the factory lense, has light refractors built into it. not the reflector housing behind the bulb. the actual clear lense plastic has a multi angled surface on the inside that i would imagine could seperate the beam, and cause glare, or disrupt the clean cutoff made by projectors...

Is my imagination going too far? or is there another option like a "flat" 2g lense?

is it a non issue?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back