The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1gB headlight lens removal/swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spoolin4Ever

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 24, 2005
Moses Lake, Washington
Hey I am going to swap out my 1gb lights for some that are in better condition, same style from another 1gb.

Just curious is this pretty easy to take them off, or is it hard to do like on a 2G?

I'm trying to find my DSM CDROM so I can look up the pics of dissassembly. It looks easy but I just want to know what to expect before I jump into it.

it's fairly simple, take out the bulbs and then there's like 2 or 3 screws and you slide it out, i believe

theres a pair of plugs on the back of the light assembly, theres a screw on the left that goes into a tab for the side markerlight, a bolt towards the back of the light that goes to the top of the upper rad support and a screw on the inside that screws into the front bumper cover support and then it just slides out

*SPECIAL NOTE* you will need to remove the side marker light BEFORE attempting to remove the headlight

what's wrong with your old ones? are they really hazy or just beat up? the reason I ask is because I had a set that looked extremely unfixable (real nasty yellow) and with a little wet sanding and buffing they cleaned up like new.

Yeah same here on the above post...I used a clay bar to pick all that crap up, wet sanded and voila...try it before you do it.

or is it hard to do like on a 2G?

You talking about replacing the headlight, or the headlight lens? Two different things! If your just removing a headlight its much more simple than a 2g. It doesn't require you to take the bumper or radiator out. Just unscrew the side marker, two 10mm bolts are back behind that. Then there is one on top and one on the side by the blinker. Done!

If your talking about removing the lens, its the exact same as a 2g and any other headlight for that cause. Heat up the housing, and separate the lens.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back