The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Orca - 11 sec street rippa

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kewl. I was searching all over for the bag I have that has all used valvetrain stuff.
Good deal man!! :)
I’ll have some extra intake valves and my old exhaust valves that can prob be lapped. Also have two extra evo exhaust valves the guy sent me. Do you need some?

No man, I thought I had a bunch of them but just couldn't find the big ziplock bag I have them in. I would have just sent them to you.
Thank YOU for the offer LOL.

I usually get a set of supertechs, which is what bent and didnt punch holes, and replace them all for the stuff me and the boys are doing. :cool:

Intake valves fully closed.
D0D7B337-90E6-4DDF-89E8-131B4D1639C5.jpeg

Stage .8 head port and gasket matched intake ports. Give me a break, it’s my first port job. Should flow a little better. Off to the machine shop tomorrow.
4577B8FC-0A04-4D96-9BFD-DF8C92D4E847.jpeg
6307FC4B-0B90-45B1-B07B-299A56328651.jpeg
6358F4F2-D885-4D27-8FAE-A3309D1EEF6C.jpeg

Anyone seen Bogussvo. I think that's his tuners name. He used to get his valves from that guy I told u about. I wonder where hes finding cheap valves these days

Anyone seen Bogussvo. I think that's his tuners name. He used to get his valves from that guy I told u about. I wonder where hes finding cheap valves these days

I found some used valves for cheap from Curt Brown.

After a head mill, blow out all of the openings with compressed air to be sure there are no curly pcs of aluminum in it from the machining. I found some in mine, anyway.
Nice job on the chamber, was that the pitted one?

After a head mill, blow out all of the openings with compressed air to be sure there are no curly pcs of aluminum in it from the machining. I found some in mine, anyway.
Nice job on the chamber, was that the pitted one?

I blow out every crevice and when I turn the over this piece of casting fell out.
5CD0443A-DCF2-40E2-BEF1-965CE40BC315.jpeg

Just finished installing valve seals. I’m going in with a Qtip in each valve guide and airing out the whole head again. Not taking a chance.

That chamber was the cleanest. 1&4 were bad.

8F5C7C7B-A8B2-4FAE-9CA8-C6DEFA054AFD.jpeg
A3DEFBA7-4D34-47F1-B1BE-512E40749A66.jpeg

Cleaned up pretty darn good considering.
Don't leave any strands of Qtip anywhere. They come off and stick to stuff like you wouldn't imagine. Be clean and thorough and you'll be good. Can't be TOO clean for me.
Nice job!

Cleaned up pretty darn good considering.
Don't leave any strands of Qtip anywhere. They come off and stick to stuff like you wouldn't imagine. Be clean and thorough and you'll be good. Can't be TOO clean for me.
Nice job!

Yup cleanliness is key. I’ve gone through 1/4 of brand new box of gloves and a full roll of paper towels. Shhhh don’t tell my wife.

Installed 3 port EBC via link. It sounds so different getting into boost. Still need to fine tune afr and dial in WG duty. She rips 22psi flowing 40lb/min. I need a go pro

Attachments

• log.2019.03.27-12.elg
    11.9 KB · Views: 79
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back