The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1gb 7bolt vs 2g 7 bolt engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spook302

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 17, 2009
Durango, Colorado
What is the differenece? I know the 1gb engine had the same comp ratio as the 6 bolt. Do the 1gb use the 1ga top end or the 2g top end? Did the 1gb have a crank sensor(I dont think so but i am asking anyways)? What are the differneces between 1gb 7 and 2g 7?

I am asking because I have been looking for a sheel for my 1ga and body parts to start a 2g project I have. A customer of mine came in and said he has a clean 1g shell and a clean 1gb shell. I have a built head for a 2g 7bolt. will that work on the 1gb 7 bolt? Or am I wasting time. point is I dont like the 2g style as much as the 1g. i was going to build the 2g gst for a daily and have my 1ga as my toy. i would rather have the 1gb as the daily seeing as its awd and I live in CO plus its clean and the 2g needs a front clip and a shortblock plus paint and other things to run. The 1gb i could by has a bad head on it. plus its complete and doesnt need paint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauleyman
And there are three different type of squirters. 90-92 are bolt in. 93-94 are press in and 95 up are also press in but different style than 1g. Oiling architecture is different on 2g also. Much debate about this.
93-94 are bolt in just like the 6 bolt.

Pardon my senior moment. It's been quite some time since I've taken a 93-94 apart. 93-94 are indeed bolt in but they are not the same part number as 6 bolt.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back