The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G 1ga Sideskirt Mounting

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tina94

Proven Member
Dec 19, 2022
Wisconsin
Hi! Just wondering if someone would be able to snap a picture of how these tabs and trapezoid pockets attach to the car? Or a picture of the diagram from the FSM. My Laser manual doesn’t give any hints since the Laser didn’t come with and body cladding.

Thanks in advance!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Is that the side air dam below the door? Here are screen snips from the FSM and CAPS (shows as a 91 model). Hope this helps.

That helps so much, thank you! And yes, its the air dam below the door, part #3. I appear to need part #2, the air damn clip. Also thanks for the part number reference, I'll look those up right away.

Hmm, I think these Talon skirts may be different. But still helpful, just need to find the appropriate clips for these specific ones

Hmm, I think these Talon skirts may be different. But still helpful, just need to find the appropriate clips for these specific ones
Most likely yes. I provided all Mitsubishi specific stuff. I've honestly never seen Talon or Laser FSM or parts manual. Only Eclipse. The body trim is some of the only parts that are different between the 1ga T/E/L.

Lots of different part numbers depending on year and color. So I screen snipped ALL of them and randomly picked an early '91/white for the final output on the bottom. The red text part numbers are the updated/replacement part numbers that you typically want to pay attention to. Keep in mind these are 90/91 model numbers. The quarter panel moulding kit (the parts with the vents) are different in 92+, so if you need those too, lmk.

Also, I'm sure the ASA/CAPS program is still out there somewhere if you want to scour the web for a download (but do so at your own risk).

Thanks for the data! :thumb:

......"Also, I'm sure the ASA/CAPS program is still out there somewhere if you want to scour the web for a download (but do so at your own risk)."

Yeah, I went looking for that, and the only link I found was a download site through Russia. That's a hard NO. Maybe I'l look again, and install it on an airgapped laptop, or on this WinXP box I have here. Something expendable.

Thanks for the data! :thumb:

......"Also, I'm sure the ASA/CAPS program is still out there somewhere if you want to scour the web for a download (but do so at your own risk)."

Yeah, I went looking for that, and the only link I found was a download site through Russia. That's a hard NO. Maybe I'l look again, and install it on an airgapped laptop, or on this WinXP box I have here. Something expendable.
Check your PMs. I wouldn't trust anything from RU, I actually block all traffic to and from there anyway.

I have CAPS that I downloaded from one of the wiseman here on this forum. He has a link either in his signature or on his bio I can't remember.

But regardless, I can upload it to google docs if more than just one person wants it. It helps a ton.

I have CAPS that I downloaded from one of the wiseman here on this forum. He has a link either in his signature or on his bio I can't remember.

But regardless, I can upload it to google docs if more than just one person wants it. It helps a ton.
I just uploaded ASA to my Google Docs. I don't want to publicly share the URL but I'll be happy to PM anyone who needs/wants it.

Got ASA installed yesterday, big thank you to @dwb! Works great, I see that it has all the data for my Eclipse VIN, I never imagined that, but it makes sense! Got a big grin looking at software circa 2007. I see that it does show some references to CAPS.

@CrackedDSM , I would be delighted to also have a copy of CAPS, because I'm really a Laser guy.

Got ASA installed yesterday, big thank you to @dwb! Works great, I see that it has all the data for my Eclipse VIN, I never imagined that, but it makes sense! Got a big grin looking at software circa 2007. I see that it does show some references to CAPS.

@CrackedDSM , I would be delighted to also have a copy of CAPS, because I'm really a Laser guy.
It recognizes your VIN? I've never had any luck with that feature but probably because I have an Eagle instead of Mitsu. I use Model and Classification (double click those boxes on the top toolbar and it will prompt for a selection). Then you select your year/month on some part selections, so it's good to know when your car was manufactured. Like mine is an early 91 model year but really manufactured in late 1990.
CAPS is just an older release of ASA. I've got it floating around too but use ASA exclusively because it has replacement part numbers. Which I find to be pretty accurate today if the part is not discontinued.

It recognizes your VIN?
Yes! And that totally makes sense for such an application in 1990, the days of intermittent dialup networking. (I was working in IT during this era, 1970..2000 or so.) If every dealership had a copy of the database for all cars, (Eclipses only in the case of a Mitsu dealership, not Laser/Talon, ) then they'd be able to do their work even if the dialup went away for days. (Totally unlike today's always-connected world.)

So YEAH, it would be totally cool for us Talon/Laser folks to have a copy of CAPS. Hopefully we'll hear from @CrackedDSM soon, and see if he has the goods. N.B: I am -not- expecting to be able to run BOTH of these applications on the same PC. Very likely that we'll have device driver conflicts or other such Windoze foolishness.

So YEAH, it would be totally cool for us Talon/Laser folks to have a copy of CAPS. Hopefully we'll hear from @CrackedDSM soon, and see if he has the goods. N.B: I am -not- expecting to be able to run BOTH of these applications on the same PC. Very likely that we'll have device driver conflicts or other such Windoze foolishness.

CAPS is still Mitsubishi IIRC.

Anyone still have one of these? I think CAPS was part of it. Found mine a few months ago in what used to be my data logging laptop.

Yeah, CAPS is only going to recognize a few Eagle and Plymouth VINS, not every single one. Certainly if it recognizes yours, you’d be in the minority. From that standpoint, as @dwb mentioned, it’s not going to be worth having if you already have ASA. IIRC, neither ASA nor CAPS actually gives part numbers for Eagle or Plymouth specific parts. That’s why the PDF catalogues for those makes posted earlier are so nice to have.

Here’s where CAPS can be had: Stealth316

PAIS was the Chrysler software. Unless things have changed, getting ahold of PAIS will make getting ahold of ASA seem like an absolute walk in the park.
Stealth316

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back