The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1ga hood to 1gb, what's in the way?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the headlight curvature would be totally different on a 1gb hood. Would the best way to get a 1ga hood w/o the popups cut out really be to have them welded onto the hood and repainted to match I guess? Or does anyone know anyone who maybe knows someone else who makes these hoods aftermarket w/o the cut out?

little clear lenses to formulate some type of lights. Just like I took apart my lenses from the front by heating them up, I'm going to find some narrow lights from another car (prob at a junk yard but dont know what type yet) that have the relfective plastic inside them and mount them inside the plastic pieces. Hence I'd be removing all the stock light stuff, all of it. Also there's basically a headlight mount on the 1ga next to the center little emblem piece, it's just to make room for the turn signal part which I can cut off and mount a light there or run some type of projector there.....just want to know if I remove all the light stuff and get a b hood where else will be clearance issues.

Aaaah I see. I Would take the headlights out and take the top cover off them, sand the the paint off them and parts of the hood, weld them, shave the welds and repaint. The 1gb hood wouldn't work with the housings already there... You could always see if someone would make you a hood without the cutouts:confused: . Good luck with the project either way.

Would just have to reinforce the hood b/c those parts are pretty flimsy looking. I'll keep pics of the project and post a write up on it depending on how it goes. Should be an easy quick alternative to all this new housing stuff ppl have been taking years to do and still look pretty neat b/c like the 1gb it'd be all lined up and streamlined. I wondered if maybe the 1gb lights would work, not the housing itself but heat it up and take out the plastic parts then mount them inside the plastic pieces but wasn't sure....anyone got the measurements of how wide by how tall the plastic reflective part is? when taken out of the housing of course. It'd be much appreciated! Thanks again for the feedback.

P.S. Can anyone think of any newer cars that have pretty narrow headlights? So far it looks like the stratus may fit with a little squeezing as it's plastic it may confirm a little to the plastic housing and still look neat. Just not sure with the texture on the inside of the 1ga pieces will pass light really really well.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back