The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1Ga headlight "cover" replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undefined0000

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 2, 2012
Findlay, Ohio
So I got this 1ga and the front bumper is a gonner, but the guy gave me a spare. Along with the bumper being done, the cover things for the headlights are gone, not sure what to call them, but its the plastic that would sit in front of the headlights if they were left flipped down. I'm not looking to replace them anytime soon because it would be a pain, and while I have the opportunity I would like to try something different. Now, the headlights ALWAYS flip up, its wired up some kinda way to do so, so I'm not concerned with the headlights being functional in the down position.

Anyone have any ideas? If nothing seems practical, I might look into replacing the original style covers.

It really only takes like 10 minutes to replace those.

I might just be misunderstanding what mounts are needed to put them in then, it just looks like its not happenin'. Know anywhere I could find them? Not sure what the actual name is, I've looked around.

90 91 Talon Eclipse Laser Inner Side Corner Marker Parking Light Lamp Pair Set | eBay

90 91 Mitsubishi Eclipse Eagle Talon Chrome Clear Headlights Bumper Signals | eBay

From what I've read you mean this. The part about your headlights always staying up is a problem with the motor linkage, not the wiring. Ask me how I know.;) I just unplugged the motors and they don't come up anymore.

That's it LOL, thanks. Was having trouble finding them in pairs. And the motors work perfectly fine, they just automatically come up when the lights are turned on. I can't have the lights on with them down. one of the previous owners rigged it up that way.

That's it LOL, thanks. Was having trouble finding them in pairs. And the motors work perfectly fine, they just automatically come up when the lights are turned on. I can't have the lights on with them down. one of the previous owners rigged it up that way.

That is the factory operation of the popup motors, no rigging involved there.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back