The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

1GA (90) fuel cell info needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95DsManiac

Proven Member
Dec 5, 2012
Bay Point, California
Hey,

I am kinda forced into doing everything I wanted to do the car more sooner then later, neighbors are trying to get my car towed. So I am trying to hurry up and throw in a fuel cell, along with bunch of other stuff in a few days.

My question is, if you have done it, how and which one did you use. I'm all for fabbing things up like on my 2G, but time is against me and I'm already building exhaust parts and IC piping.

I went to just order the JMF one, but it says it's for awd only. Would I have trouble with it on my fwd?

Pictures welcome.

Thanks and God bless,

Anthony B.

Just curious, how can they get it towed? Does the vehicle have plates and tags? If not, that might be the cheapest and quickest fix.

yes tags and everything. Long story short, ever since a neighbor found out were not home owners she has been doing everything she can to get me my wife ND 9 month old son kicked out. Like she complains to HOA about me working on my car etc etc. I've never done anything wrong and actually have been really good help to the rest of the community. All my neighbors but her talk to me every day.

so she goes to the board and tells them my car is in operable which is not totally true and they have put a sticker saying to move it or get it towed. I have my 2G in the garage.

so instead of getting into a bickerying match with HOA, I'm just going to try and finish the things I want to do and drive it for a few days to show them its not inoperable.

sucky situation, and it really sucks I have to get picked on for just renting. I have got 6 complaints for the childish things, garbage can being out of garage etc.

Oh ok, sorry to hear about your picky HOA and sucky situation. I have no knowledge on the jmfab fuelcell in a fwd. There are other options like temporary small plastic fuel cells from summit racing etc, but I'm sure you'd rather have an anodized direct factory fitting piece of art from JMF. HOPEFULLY SOMEONE WILL CHIME IN ON JMF FUEL CELL IN FWD. good luck

Welcome to a HOA they are awful! Seriously I would rather live IN my dsm than a neighborhood full of HOA roaming ignorant awful homeowners. Sorry u gotta deal with that. I would think any small fuel cell would work, your gona have to go through the floor with lines probably. I would give STM a call abd get their fuel to rail kit, comes with all of the connections and lines u would need. What happened to the original fuel tank?

Yea, I wish there was a bolt in one I can just buy and slap it on. I got a custom 5 gal jaz cell for my Gst and fabricated the read to mount it and have 10AN feed and 8AN return.

I hear you on that, HOA is good and bad. They take care of the community, well kinda, but there petty as shit and can be real a holes. They make it seem like just because I dont own my condo that I'm inferior to them. Like why would I want to buy a 65k condo when I'm saving up to build me and my wife's dream home? They have no respect for me so I try to just do as they say.

I don't need any lines, fittings or kits, just a cell. I have too much line already, twice as much fittings and plenty fuel parts for a few cars LOL, just in need of a cell. I was just going to swap over my 10AN feed, A1000 pump, magnus rail, rci2200, a1000 10AN regulator and 8AN feed set up to the laser and just finish it off with a cell.

The original tank is good, but is out of the car right now and since I have know where to work on my car and I have a lot of plans for this car I just want to knock out as much as I can in a week and a fuel cell is definitely on the list of things to do.

Even if your guy's or gals fuel cell is a universal one, please post it, how you went about install and pictures please.

I would need to order one in e next couple days if I want to get this done

Thanks again and God bless,

Anthony B.

Last edited:
The jmf tank won't fit fwd. Totally different...even different locations. Wish I had a stock one I could give you, but mine needs to stay on until I move back to the south.

I hear you all. I did just put the stocker back on and did finish the 4" Downpipe that goes right past the oil pan today, started her up and moved her, then she caught fire.....

Gues why. . . . . Piece of crap faulty ass fuel lines were leaking and flames came out my exhaust and I think that's how it ignited. Now I have it parked and can't do nothing about it. The whole reason I didn't just put the stock one back on is because this is basically my only chance to work on the car, because I can't work on it out side anymore or they will tow it. I got the vid of it all happening if anyone wants to see, I have surveillance cameras up after someone shattered my window.

Thanks for your replys, guess I'll have to fab one up, I'll post pictures and stuff up after I get it done so anyone trying to do this can get a little helps.
God bless,

Anthony B.

That sounds like an interesting day!

Good luck on the fab work!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back