The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G 1g with 2g auto trans what starter ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you using the Kiggly kit? I am also having starter issues. I have tried the auto and manual and it seems like the gear to the starter doesn't go out far enough. I'm hoping to learn something as well. I am using a 6bolt in my 2g.

To provide good input, I would like to think to use a 2g starter since your using a 2g trans and converter. I attached pictures regarding the difference between a 2g auto vs manual starter. I hope I dont cause confusing here.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Are you using the Kiggly kit? I am also having starter issues. I have tried the auto and manual and it seems like the gear to the starter doesn't go out far enough. I'm hoping to learn something as well. I am using a 6bolt in my 2g.

To provide good input, I would like to think to use a 2g starter since your using a 2g trans and converter. I attached pictures regarding the difference between a 2g auto vs manual starter. I hope I dont cause confusing here.

Yea currently using the Kiggly kit but it’s going on a 1g chassis.
Based on the info i got from w4a33.com

Starters
SwapStarter
1G AT in 1G Car1G MT or AT starter
2G AT in 2G Car2G AT Starter ONLY
2G AT in 1G Car2G AT Starter ONLY

I’ll be installing the trans soon I’ll post more information as I make progress

Update ***

I ended up using a 2g starter for a 5 speed car however i added washers as thick as the starter plate the washers are between the bell housing and starter.

I hope this helps anyone doing a swap.

Update ***

I ended up using a 2g starter for a 5 speed car however i added washers as thick as the starter plate the washers are between the bell housing and starter.

I hope this helps anyone doing a swap.

My issue is as if the starter isnt extending enough. Your added washers because it's going to far? FWIW I have used both MT and AT starter and they both do work. However I can see only half the gear is being used.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back