The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Resolved 1g wiring harness connectors ID

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agentorange313

Supporting VIP
Dec 21, 2008
Westfield, New_Jersey
Hey Tuners,

I am about half way done with my wiring harness for my 1g.

I have a couple of connectors that i need help identifying. I have been using this link: 1Gb DSM 4G63 Turbo Wiring Harness Diagram for most of the connectors, but there are some that are discolors and hard to ID still. Not all the connectors are identified either.

I have 4 connectors that I need help with an identification:
Removed picture, found out it was the wiper connector.
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/152709623-post3.html
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

4 I am pretty sure this is the Emmisions harness, but the wires are covered in the picture and wasnt sure if it was correct

There is also a wire that has been spliced to the ignition power transistor, I have no clue where it goes or its function:

thanks in advance

Last edited:
2 appears to be either the thermo switch on the thermostat housing for the AC, or it could be the AC pressure switch that is on the ac tubing on the passenger side of the engine bay- its hard to say since both plugs are identical.
3 may be the plug for the dummy light in the brake reservoir.

The last plug that is spliced in is likely the plug for hooking up a tach when setting timing and idle.

2 appears to be either the thermo switch on the thermostat housing for the AC, or it could be the AC pressure switch that is on the ac tubing on the passenger side of the engine bay- its hard to say since both plugs are identical.
3 may be the plug for the dummy light in the brake reservoir.

The last plug that is spliced in is likely the plug for hooking up a tach when setting timing and idle.

Thanks for the help.

The connector in the 2nd picture is probably AC since you mentioned the other connector looks the same, they are actually wired together.

I think the last picture is of the Engine speed signal:
1G DSM 4G63 Turbo Wiring Harness - Connector A56 - Engine Speed Signal
Where does this plug connector?

Can anyone else confirm that that the 3rd picture is of the brake reservoir?

The third picture looks to be the the plug that goes into the boost solenoid. Correct me if im wrong.

The third picture looks to be the the plug that goes into the boost solenoid. Correct me if im wrong.

I dont think that is correct, I have already ID the boost control solenoid. If I am not mistaken the wires are red and yellow/orange.

1G DSM 4G63 Turbo Wiring Harness - Connector A48 - Wastegate Solenoid
bcsinstall [ECMTuning - wiki]
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/152709637-post9.html

Also i am assuming now that boost control solenoid and wastegate solenoid are the same

Connector number 2 is B-31 AC coolant temp switch.

Connector number 3 is A-12 Brake Fluid level.

Connector number 4 is A-13 EGR.

Last picture is connector A-56 engine speed.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back