The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

1g wing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sphinx0nine

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 13, 2003
Calgary, Alberta_Canada
after posting an WTB ad, i decided that there might be another way to fix it.
My wind its falling apart, the damn plastic brackets are either gone or broken.
Has anyone found themselves in something like this, plus with 2 12" subs in the truck and the wing being all loose it rattles like a mofo.
How did u fix it? and if not.. what could i do?

thanks

:dsm:

sphinx0nine said:
My wind its falling apart.

I think a proctologist would tell you it's normal. JK.

Remove the spoiler and check the brackets and the plastic inserts on them with the threaded metal nuts/collars. The plastic surrounding the nut may be cracked from over-torquing. You can get replacement brackets from a dealer... or just epoxy the hell out of it... which is what I did.

Or... spend 3 large on a Wings West replacement factory style spoiler with LED 3rd brake light before it gets discontinued. Not even listed on their site anymore... was this past winter.

:mad: I went to a dealer and they said I could only get them with the wing. I could not just order the little things. If anyone gets a part number let me know

they want to charge me 150 for the brackets only...
:mad:
beacuase mine are broken/missing...

Try a different dealer, like the site sponsor San Rafael Mitsu.

you can get the plastic clips at lowes .. as for the metal brackets i have the ones off my old parts car but i dont know that i want to sell them by themselves .. i think im gonna try and sell them with the 1g black talon wing all together for $40.

Luke :cool: :dsm:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back