The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G turbo swap into 2G

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalli-chris

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 21, 2002
Rochester_NY
I may have found a 91 laser with a bad head for cheap. I have a 97 eclipse with the stock T-25. I was thinking about swapping the 14B from the 1G into my 2G. need to know a few things:

1)is it possible? any problems involved?

2)what extra parts will i need? install kits, new exhaust manifold?

3)can i use the equipment from the laser for the install?

4)does anyone have a install sequence for this/who can help me figure it out? RRE? Buschur?

thanks, i actually found an install kit from RRE. yeah the 14B and 16G are similar to each other and to the garrett on the 2G. all i need is basically gaskets, new oil and water lines and a length of pipe to match it to the stock intercooler line.
now i have to see whether the guy will let go the laser for a decent price.

does anyone know why a 1G throttle body would be better than a 2G. they are larger right?

any other parts i could take off the 1G?

The 2g throttle body is 52mm radius and the 1g is 60mm, making it much larger, more air flow will flow by faster, less lag, more power.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back