The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G turbo oil feed location (which allen plug)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unior

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 10, 2002
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Title states it my 1g oil filter housing has 3 allen head plugs. Two of them are right next to each other on the front of the housing. I just am not 100% sure which one is clean oil and which one is dirty?

Can someone tell me top or bottom plug for clean oil?

I did search to no avail.

TIA!!

I believe you'll want to remove the top plug.

Keep in mind that sourcing your oil feed from the filter housing isn't recommended for stock TD05H or TD06 turbos as it can provide too much pressure and cause turbine seal leakage. Only do this if you're using a Garrett turbo or another brand which requires more presssure and volume (although you may still need to do some tuning with restrictors and such if you're seeing smoke upon deceleration).

Yes this is a garrett t3 center section. I'm also running no balance shafts so we shall see if it smokes. Thanks for the decelleration info. I thought maybe it would smoke all the time. You can look at the housing and see that the top plug goes to the center hole (i think) of the oil filter and the bottom plug goes to the outside small holes of the oil filter. So If I knew which way oil feeds through an oil filter I would know for sure.

thanks!

unior

Without balance shafts I have the feeling you're going to see smoke regardless. You'll probably need a .075" restrictor to keep the smoking to a minimum.

Make sure your oil drain has no kinks and does not dip below the fitting on the oil pan at any point. Most guys prefer a -10AN setup with two 45* fittings and a short piece of hose in the middle, but -10AN may be too small depending on your incoming oil pressure and volume.

I just ordered a JIC 37 degree indestrial flare line from a local hydraulic shop 2 45's, 5/8" ID high temp hose.

The AN fittings are 37 degree flares...the only difference between JIC and AN is the thread shear strength and vibration resistance. They are considered aircraft grade.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back