The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1g to 2g motor swap. HELP!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rayden

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 15, 2002
Ky
let me just start out by saying this whole swap has been a pain in the ass. Its been one thing after another. Anyone thinking of doing this, talk to someone that has, because magnus doesnt tell everything u need. ok here is the problem now. i am using my 2g head on the 1g block. well the head studs on the 1g were 1mm larger than the 2g so i had to have the head boared out 1mm. now it still wont slide on. it gets as far as the dowl rods, i quess thats what there called, and then wont go any farter. I called magnus and they were no help. they said they just drilled the holed and it went on. well im wandering if u need to drill the holes on the head for the dowl rods. i checked the caps program and it says they are the same size. somebody please help me before i get the gasoline out and set this damn thing on fire. :mad:

just had to wiggle it a little and use a plastic mallet very lightly.

well one step closer to getting my baby back on the road. very anxious!!!! been with out her since march. :cry:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back