The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

1G to 2G interior swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blk95gs

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 18, 2002
Havre De Grace, Maryland
Has anyone ever attempted to put a 2G interior into a 1G? I'm talking about EVERYTHING... dash, console, seats, etc. I know a lot of people with VWs and it seems that swapping newer interiors into older cars is quite popular. And i thing 2G interior is a lot more comfortable than 1G. If anyone has seen this and/or has pics, let me know. Thanks.

ehhh... i guess i came off with the wrong approach. i dont really care to do it much, just wondering if anyone had pics of it or anything. wondering if it had been done before.

1g interior > 2g interior.

I HATE the middle part on 2g (Very uncomfortable, can't rest your arm for the shifter). And shifter just doesn't feel right.
The middle compartment absolutely rocks.
The parking brake location on 2g is annoying.

Originally posted by aovsi

I HATE the middle part on 2g (Very uncomfortable, can't rest your arm for the shifter). And shifter just doesn't feel right.

Thats odd...i feel the exact opposite way :p
I hate where the 1g parking brake is cause whenever i corner hard my knee pushes it up and it can sometimes ruin my night OMG
Also, I'm not a fan of how easily the 1g dashes fall apart, it seems like they were more poorly crafted. Maybe its just me though. I have to admit the interior is growing on me, and i like it more as i drive the car.

I'd really love to see pics if anyone has actually done this, I can't find anything on it.

Originally posted by aovsi

Yeah, gee, that's all backward.

I hate not being able to see the speedo over 50 mph on the 1G, and the radio's too far away for me to reach. The controls and switches in the 1G feel a LOT better, they seem to be five times the quality. But I can't raise the console lid unless I either unlatch it and toss it up while zipping my elbow out of the way, the cup holder in it is too far back, I don't know WHAT idiot ever thought that was a good place for a cigarette lighter plug, and the handbrake hurts the side of my knee like a goddamned Roman pike stabbing into me.

Of course the 2G won't let you see the radio on some versions, or reach the radio controls on any of them without having to work around the corner past the shifter, and they hid the foglight and cruise control switches cleverly behind the wheel (although at least you can see the instruments), and the LOUSY, CHEEZY switch covers sound like shit when you press them.

But no, I don't think you'd ever get a 2G interior into a 1G. Doors are different, all kinds of crap.

VW? "It's not a car, it's a Volkswagen"

Lol...I knew it was a far cry, I thought maybe someone had pics of it or something.

Speaking of VW's...I hate them, everyone I know drives them, and that's all I hear about. I guess their dumb ideas are eating away at the good side of my brain now...yaaaaaaaaah! :barf:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back