The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

1g throttle body upgrade issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mayomoto

Probationary Member
Apr 11, 2008
alton, Virginia
Car was running and idling fine with the 2g tb. But is was leaking during a blt. So I decided to upgrade to the 1g tb. I got a rebuilt 1g from a member. I am getting a high idle from 1500 to 2000 rpms. This is with the throttle cable disconnected and new gaskets and the biss screw all the way in. I have switched back to the 2g just to see and it runs correctly. Also I followed instruction from the rre website. Any help would be appreciated.

make sure your throttle cable isn't too short and causing it to open a little making it idle higher then it should.. i had the same problem and could never figure it out. i just learned to deal with it

Check the closed throttle position switch on the firewall side of the TB. If its turned in to far the throttle plate will not close all the way. Also check the vacuum ports and shaft seals (boost leak check).

How bad was the 2g throttle body leaking, also have you check to see if the throttle blade on the 1g throttle body might have been installed upside down, ask because the edge of the blade is angled slightly and if up side down it might not be sealing properly.

The tps isnt going too cause a high idle problem. As already stated, either the closed throttle switch isnt adjusted properly or the throttle blade was reinstalled backwards or off center.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back